The NHS does a great job looking after the nation’s health, but you may want to choose how, when and where you get some treatments. Here are four good reasons why we’d like you to choose Aviva when you buy private health insurance:
We’re experts in healthcare…
- Aviva Health UK is part of the Aviva Group, which is the UK's largest insurance services provider and one of Europe's leading providers of life and general insurance.
- We're an award winning company, earning recognition such as ‘Health Insurance Company of the Year' at the Health Insurance Awards for 5 years running, from 2010 to 2014. We believe it was the combination of our people, our products and our services that helped us win these awards.
- Our teams are passionate about giving you the best possible service. Our products are designed to meet your needs; they’re flexible so that you can have the options you want and keep costs under control. You can make use of MyHealthCounts – an online tool that can help you find out more about your health and could help you save money at renewal. We have an enviable reputation for the quality of our specialist oncology team (caring for cancer patients), psychiatric team and Women’s Health Unit.
Our policies are straightforward, simple to arrange, and easy to use…
- Being ill or injured is unpleasant, but we know that getting insurance against ill health isn’t always the first thing on your mind if you’re fit and healthy. To help, we offer straightforward healthcare.
- We explain how our policy could help – what it will do, and what it won’t. Cover can be arranged online or over the phone, whatever’s easiest for you. Perhaps most importantly, we promise that we’ll do our best to make sure that everything goes smoothly if you do need to make a claim.
We understand that you’re unique. So we’ll treat you like an individual…
- Nearly one million people already trust us to help them get prompt, private treatment. That’s nearly one million unique individuals, each one with a different medical history, and every one entitled to the same excellent standard of care. We’re proud of the fact we can help so many people get the care they need and – because you are unique – we’ll always treat you as an individual.
We offer extensive cancer cover
We know that when someone is diagnosed with cancer their whole world changes. And with more than one in three people developing some form of cancer during their lifetime, we understand the importance of providing the cover and support needed should you be diagnosed with cancer.
The good news is that thanks to advances in medicine and technology, there have been significant steps forward in the fight against cancer. Our cancer cover is in line with these developments, so that we can provide extensive cover and support at every stage of cancer treatment.
We’ll cover the cost of proven breakthrough cancer therapies, like Herceptin — for as long as a specialist recommends them. These also include new and often expensive treatments like Avastin, as well as drugs used to strengthen bones.
We also want to make things as comfortable as possible during treatment, so we’ll provide extensive cover for aftercare, including consultations with a dietician as well as money towards the cost of prostheses or wigs if necessary. We also offer increased levels of support for end of life care.
The experts in our oncology team will provide help and support, from diagnosis through to treatment and aftercare. Patients have told us that it really helps to talk to the same person each time, so we make sure you can speak to your own case manager, who can get to know you and stay up to date with your progress during treatment.
Want to find out more?
We’re always happy to answer your questions. If you’d like to find out more about the healthcare we can offer to you and your family, you can call us on 0800 092 4371. Find out more about making a claim, or get a quote online now.