What’s not covered by our travel insurance
Here are some examples of what isn’t covered by our travel insurance policy. We recommend that before you buy one of our travel insurance policies you read through the single trip and annual multi-trip policy document (PDF 3.95MB) in full to make sure it’s exactly what you want.
Our policies don’t cover:
- Any consequence whatsoever which is the direct or indirect result of any of the following, or anything connected with any of the following, whether or not contributed to by any other cause or event:
- war; invasion; act of a foreign enemy; hostilities or warlike operation or operations (whether war has been declared or not); civil war; revolution, rebellion or insurrection; civil commotion which is of such severity or magnitude that it can amount to or be likened to an uprising; military power (even if properly authorised by the duly elected government); usurped power; or
- any action taken to prevent, control or suppress, or which in any way relates to a) above.
- Claims directly or indirectly caused by:
- ionising radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from burning nuclear fuel; or
- the radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear part of an assembly; or
- pressure waves caused by aircraft and other aerial devices travelling at sonic or supersonic speeds.
- Any claim for your death, injury, illness or disability resulting from
- your suicide or attempted suicide, or
- you misusing or being under the direct or indirect influence or effect of alcohol or drugs (other than drugs taken under medical supervision and not for treating alcohol or drug addiction).
- Any claim where during the trip you deliberately put yourself at risk of death, injury, illness or disability (unless you were trying to save human life).
- Any loss that is not specifically described in the stated terms and conditions, e.g. we will not pay for loss of earnings if you are unable to return to work due to injury or illness during your trip.
- Claims resulting from any tour operator, travel agent, airline or other service provider becoming insolvent and not being able or willing to carry out any part of their duty to you.
- We do not cover any payment, which you would normally have made during your travels and/or which does not fall within the events insured under the terms of this Travel Insurance policy.
- Any claim for any part of a trip where the trip is longer than the duration shown on your policy schedule.