Van insurance — the features
Get an Aviva MultiCar quote here for your cars or vans or call us on 0800 051 2382 and one of our dedicated team will be able to help.
24/7 claims helpline
Our phone claims lines are open all day, all night, every day of the year. If you should need us all you need to do is call 0844 891 1111* (Calls may be recorded and/or monitored) and an incident manager will record all details relating to your claim, and will take immediate steps towards resolving it for you. There are no forms to fill in, and the incident manager will confirm:
- Whether your policy covers you for the incident
- What you will have to pay
- All steps involved in your claim being settled
If you would prefer fill in the online claims form.
*0844 numbers will be charged at 3p per minute from a BT landline. Calls from other networks may vary.
Child car seat replacement
- Did you know that if your vehicle has been in an accident — even if there is no visible damage — it is possible that your child car seat could be weakened so that it will not provide the same level of protection in a further accident?
- The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (ROSPA) recommends that all child car seats should be replaced following an accident. That’s why we’ll provide child car seat cover as standard with our comprehensive motor insurance polices. We’ll replace your child car seat up to the value of £100 following an accident or theft — even if it looks undamaged.
Enhanced courtesy car upgrade
If you have a family or just want that extra comfort and space. Our enhanced courtesy car option means that should you have an accident and your vehicle requires repair work, then you will receive a 5 door car with a 1.6 litre engine with room for up to 5 people.
- To select the upgrade as part of your insurance policy features, please select the ‘enhanced courtesy vehicle’ option in the ‘add on’ section of the online vehicle insurance quote application form.
- £25 for standard courtesy car and £32 for enhanced courtesy car.
New vehicle replacement
We will replace your vehicle with a new vehicle of the same make, model and specification (if one is available in the UK) if, within 12 months of the main policyholder (primary policyholder), other main drivers (vehicle policyholders) or a partner buying your vehicle from new:
- Any repair cost or damage in respect of any one claim covered by the policy is more than 60% of the vehicle’s UK list price (including vehicle tax and VAT) when your vehicle was purchased, or
- Your vehicle is stolen and not recovered.
We will only replace your vehicle if the main policyholder (primary policyholder), other main drivers (vehicle policyholders) or a partner:
- Buy it under a hire purchase agreement or other type of agreement where ownership passes to the main policyholder (primary policyholder), other main drivers (vehicle policyholders) or a partner and the Financing Company agrees, and
- The main policyholder (primary policyholder), other main drivers (vehicle policyholders) or a partner become the first registered keeper of your vehicle, or the second registered keeper of your vehicle where your vehicle has been pre registered in the name of the manufacturer or supplying dealer, providing at the time of purchase the mileage was less than 250 miles.
Vehicles sold as ‘ex demonstrators’ and ‘nearly new’ do not qualify for replacement under this section.
24 hour pick up and onward journey following an accident
If you are involved in an accident and your car is undriveable, we will come and pick you and your car up from the scene of the accident whatever time of the day it may be. We can arrange for your car to be dropped of at a garage/or your home and will arrange for you to be taken on to a destination of your choice — whether it be home or to your original destination if you were travelling away from home (within the UK including Northern Ireland).
Uninsured driver promise
If you’re hit by an uninsured driver and it wasn’t your fault your no claim discount won’t be lost – and you may be able to recover the cost of any excess you have had to pay. You will need to provide
- The vehicle registration and the make/model
- The driver’s details
This promise is for comprehensive insurance policies only and applies where the driver of your car was not at fault for the accident.