20% discount for existing customers when you take out a Life Insurance Plan
What is life insurance?
A life insurance policy is an insurance contract. In exchange for regular premiums, the contract offers to pay an agreed lump sum of money if one of the lives covered dies during the term of the policy. A life insurance policy could help your loved ones cope financially if the worst happened to you.
Aviva’s Life Insurance Plan
Our Life Insurance Plan pays out a lump sum if you die during the term of the policy. It’s important to know that, like most life insurance policies, it doesn't have a cash-in value. If you stop paying premiums or live to the end of your policy, your cover will end. In this case, you'll get nothing back.
Our policy includes a terminal illness benefit. That means the policy will pay out if, during the term of the policy, you are diagnosed with a terminal illness that meets our policy definition and aren’t expected to live for more than 12 months.
Our policy only pays out once, so if we pay a successful claim the policy will end.
The amount of cover can increase or decrease over the policy term. It's up to you to choose which type of cover you’d like.
Types of cover
Increasing cover - Help to protect your family.
As time goes by, it’s expected that the cost of living will go up. By choosing increasing cover you can help protect against the future effects of inflation.
Your cover will increase every year in line with any increase in the Consumer Prices Index (CPI). If your cover increases so will your premium but your premium will increase at a higher percentage rate than your cover amount. The increase automatically happens on an annual basis. You can choose not to accept the increase if you want your cover and premiums to remain the same. Cover and premiums will remain the same if there is no increase in the CPI.
What is the CPI?
The Consumer Prices Index (CPI) is the UK’s main measure of inflation.
The CPI measures hundreds of things we spend money on – and tracks how these prices have changed over time. The inflation rates are expressed as percentages. For example if CPI is 3%, this means that on average, the price of products and services we buy is 3% higher than a year earlier.
Decreasing cover - Help to protect your mortgage.
The cover amount decreases each month broadly in line with a repayment loan, such as a mortgage, using a fixed interest rate. The premiums are calculated when you take out the policy and remain the same over the length of the policy term.
Please note that we do not offer financial advice. If you are unsure whether this product is right for you, you should seek financial advice.
Why choose us?
- Premiums can start from £5 a month.
- It's easy to get a quote in a few minutes.
- Grief counselling included as standard for children affected by loss.
20% existing customer discount
Because you're already a customer, we’ll give you 20% discount when you take out a Life Insurance Plan with us.
To apply online, you'll need to register or log in with MyAviva first and apply from there using the 'Product discounts' tab.
If you want to apply by phone, please call our team on 0800 046 2736. Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday 9am-5pm and Sunday 10am-4pm. Calls may be recorded and monitored for our joint protection.
Please see our existing customer discount terms and conditions below.
You could also receive an Amazon.co.uk gift card claim code
Once you've arranged your cover and your fifth monthly premium has been received, you'll be emailed an Amazon.co.uk gift card claim code. This will be to the value of £75 for online applications, or £30 if you apply over the phone.
Please see our Amazon.co.uk gift card claim code terms and conditions below.
Terms and conditions
20% discount existing customer terms and conditions
- To receive this discount, customers must register for and log into MyAviva and then apply using the 'Product discounts' tab. Alternatively you can apply by phone on 0800 046 2736.
- This offer is available to existing customers who hold another product with Aviva.
- A minimum premium of £5 a month applies. If the premium calculated is below this, it will be raised to £5 and the cover amount will be increased accordingly to ensure the full benefit of any discount is received.
- The discount may change at any time and the offer may be withdrawn at any time.
- The discount can be used in conjunction with the Life Insurance Plan Amazon.co.uk gift card claim code offer. It can't be used in conjunction with any other offer, unless advertised.
Amazon.co.uk gift card claim code offer
- When you apply for a Life Insurance Plan online through MyAviva you will be emailed a £75 gift card claim code after your fifth monthly premium has been received.
- If you apply by phone, you will be emailed a £30 Amazon.co.uk gift card claim code after your fifth monthly premium has been received.
- The Amazon gift card claim code is not available to customers applying through a price comparison/cash back website, or via a third party such as a financial adviser or broker.
- If you have previously cancelled a life insurance plan taken out directly with Aviva within the last 12 months then you will not qualify for this offer.
- No cash alternative will be provided.
- This offer is for one gift card claim code per policy sold, limited to one per household in a 12 month period. It will not be available if the product is purchased with any other gifts or offers, with the exception of the 20% existing customer discount.
- The Amazon.co.uk gift card claim code will be emailed on receipt of the fifth monthly premium. Please allow for delivery time.
- Aviva reserves the right to withdraw or alter this promotion without prior notice at any time.
- Aviva staff are not eligible for this offer.
- Aviva will not issue any Amazon.co.uk gift card claim codes if it suspects the terms of the offer are being abused.
Amazon gift card claim code
Amazon.co.uk is not a sponsor of this promotion. Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards ("GCs") may be redeemed on the Amazon.co.uk website towards the purchase of eligible products listed in our online catalogue and sold by Amazon.co.uk or any other seller selling through Amazon.co.uk. GCs cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash or applied to any other account. Amazon.co.uk is not responsible if a GC is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission. See www.amazon.co.uk/gc-legal for complete terms and conditions. GCs are issued by Amazon EUS.àr.l. All Amazon ®, ™ & © are IP of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.