20% discount for existing customers when you take out a Life Insurance Plan
What is life insurance?
A life insurance policy is an insurance contract. In exchange for regular premiums, the contract offers to pay an agreed lump sum of money if one of the lives covered dies during the term of the policy. A life insurance policy provides a safety net for your family and loved ones if you die, helping them cope financially during an otherwise difficult time.
Life Insurance Plan from Aviva
Our 5 Star Defaqto rated Life Insurance Plan can be a simple, affordable way to look after the people you care about should something happen to you. It pays out a cash lump sum if you die during the term of the policy. Please be aware that there is no cash in value at any time.
Our policy includes a terminal illness benefit. That means the policy will pay out if you're diagnosed with a terminal illness within the policy term that meets our policy definition and aren't expected to live for more than 12 months. Please note that this policy only pays out once.
The amount of cover can increase or decrease over the policy term. It's up to you to choose which type of cover you’d like.
Types of cover
Increasing cover - Help to protect your family.
Increasing cover helps protect your cover against the effects of inflation, giving added protection for your loved ones.
- The amount is paid out in a lump sum
- Your cover increases each year in line with any increase in the Consumer Prices Index (CPI)
- If your cover increases, your premium will increase at a higher percentage rate.
Decreasing cover - Help to protect your mortgage.
- Decreasing cover helps to pay off debt that's reducing over time, like a mortgage.
- The cover amount decreases each month broadly in line with a repayment loan using a fixed interest rate
- Premiums are calculated when you take out the policy, and stay the same for the duration of the policy term.
20% existing customer discount
Because you're already a customer, we'll give you 20% discount when you take out a Life Insurance Plan with us.
To apply online, you'll need to register or login with MyAviva first and apply from there using the 'Product discounts' tab.
If you want to apply by phone, please call our team on 0800 046 2736. Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday 9am-5pm and Sunday 10am-1pm. Calls may be recorded and monitored for our joint protection.
Please see our existing customer terms and conditions below.
Terms and conditions
20% discount existing customer terms and conditions
- To receive this discount, customers must register for and log into MyAviva and then apply using the 'Product discounts' tab. Alternatively you can apply by phone on 0800 046 2736.
- This offer is available to existing customers who hold another product with Aviva.
- A minimum premium of £5 a month applies. If the premium calculated is below this, it will be raised to £5 and the cover amount will be increased accordingly to ensure the full benefit of any discount is received.
- The discount may change at any time and the offer may be withdrawn at any time.
- The discount can't be used in conjunction with any other offer.