As a result, they're at greater risk of financial problems, mental health issues and may experience a poorer quality of life in general than people without caring responsibilities.
We surveyed UK sandwich carers and discovered:
- 1 in 3 say caring has had a detrimental effect on their mental health
- 41% say they have less free time
- 42% spend 10 or more hours a week caring for someone in their household
- 83% don’t have dedicated savings for caring
- If faced with an unexpected expense of £500, 1 in 3 wouldn't be able to pay it