MultiCar insurance — the features
Get an Aviva MultiCar or car insurance quote here or call us on 0800 051 2382 and one of our dedicated team will be able to help.
Named drivers who remain claim free can earn a named driver discount, to use in the future, if they take out their own Aviva motor insurance policy
- The discount is available on an Aviva policy taken out by the named driver and will be converted to one year’s NCD after one year’s claim free driving.
- If you are the spouse or partner of the policyholder you could earn up to 60% discount when you insure your own car with us.
- If you are purely a named driver, for earning your no claim discount you can earn up to 40% discount when you take out your own car insurance with us.
- If you are a named driver looking to purchase your own car insurance, unfortunately we are unable to process your application online. Please call us on 0800 056 2683 (calls may be recorded and/or monitored).
- Vehicles added mid term on to an Aviva MultiCar policy will be given a year’s NCD with Aviva if there is six months or more remaining on the Aviva MultiCar policy term.
- Discount depends on individual circumstances and does not apply to optional extras. Minimum premium applies.
24/7 claims helpline
Our phone claims lines are open all day, all night, every day of the year. If you should need us all you need to do is call 0345 030 6925* (calls may be recorded and/or monitored) and an incident manager will record all details relating to your car insurance claim, and will take immediate steps towards resolving it for you. There are no forms to fill in, and the incident manager will confirm;
- Whether your policy covers you for the incident
- What you will have to pay
- All steps involved in your car insurance claim being settled
- Or if you would prefer fill in the online claims form.
*The cost of calls to 03 prefixed numbers are charged at national call rates (charges may vary dependent on your network provider) and are usually included in inclusive minute plans from landlines and mobiles.
Child car seat replacement
- Did you know that if your car has been in an accident — even if there is no visible damage — it is possible that your child car seat could be weakened so that it will not provide the same level of protection in a further accident?
- The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (ROSPA) recommends that all child car seats should be replaced following an accident. That’s why we’ll provide child car seat cover as standard with our comprehensive motor insurance polices. We’ll replace your child car seat following an accident or theft — even if it looks undamaged.
Enhanced courtesy car upgrade
And that’s great if you have a family or just want that extra comfort and space. Our enhanced courtesy car option means that should you have an accident and your car requires repair work, then you will receive a 5 door car with a 1.6 litre engine with room for up to 5 people.
- To select the upgrade as part of your car insurance policy features, please click on the ‘enhanced courtesy car’ option in the ‘add on’ section of the online car insurance quote application form.
- £25 for standard courtesy car and £32 for enhanced courtesy car.
New vehicle replacement
We will replace your vehicle with a new vehicle of the same make, model and specification (if one is available in the UK) if, within 12 months of the main policyholder (primary policyholder), other main drivers (vehicle policyholders) or a partner buying your vehicle from new:
- Any repair cost or damage in respect of any one claim covered by the policy is more than 60% of the vehicle’s UK list price (including vehicle tax and VAT) when your vehicle was purchased, or
- Your vehicle is stolen and not recovered.
We will only replace your vehicle if the main policyholder (primary policyholder), other main drivers(vehicle policyholders) or a partner:
- Buy it under a hire purchase agreement or other type of agreement where ownership passes to the Main policyholder (primary policyholder), other main drivers (vehicle policyholders) or a partner and the Financing Company agrees, and
- The main policyholder (primary policyholder), other main drivers (vehicle policyholders) or a partner become the first registered keeper of your vehicle, or the second registered keeper of your vehicle where your vehicle has been pre registered in the name of the manufacturer or supplying dealer, providing at the time of purchase the mileage was less than 250 miles.
Vehicles sold as ‘ex demonstrators’ and ‘nearly new’ do not qualify for replacement under this section.
24 hour pick up and onward journey following an accident
If you are involved in an accident and your car is undriveable, we will come and pick you and your car up from the scene of the accident whatever time of the day it may be. We can arrange for your car to be dropped of at a garage/or your home and will arrange for you to be taken on to a destination of your choice — whether it be home or to your original destination if you were travelling away from home (within the UK including Northern Ireland).
When you buy a car insurance policy from us, we’ll give you access to our online self service facility, MyAviva. By choosing MyAviva you’ll get instant secure access to all your insurance policy documents, so you won’t need to wait for the post. And you’ll also help us fulfil our commitment to reducing our carbon footprint.
Printed certificates of motor insurance are now accepted by the Post Office as proof of insurance when buying your vehicle’s road tax. Register with our online service and you can print your certificate as soon as your insurance policy comes into force.
However, if you have more than one vehicle on your policy or you are a van customer and you want to do anything other than renew or download policy documentation please call us on 0345 030 7077.
Business van customers? For any changes please call us on 0345 030 7077.
Calls may be recorded and/or monitored. The cost of calls to 03 prefixed numbers are charged at national call rates (charges may vary dependent on your network provider) and are usually included in inclusive minute plans from landlines and mobiles.
Uninsured driver promise
If you’re hit by an uninsured driver and it wasn’t your fault your no claims discount won’t be lost — and you may be able to recover the cost of any excess you have had to pay. You will need to provide:
- The vehicle registration and the make/model
- The driver’s details
This promise is for comprehensive car insurance policies only and applies where the driver of your car was not at fault for the accident.