Boiler cover

Frequently asked questions

How do I make a complaint/complain?

If you have any problems, we'd like to hear from you. To make sure your complaint goes to the right person, please use our online complaints process.

We record and publish every complaint we receive so that we can be as transparent with you as possible. Plus, it’s a great way for us to improve the service we offer you. Check out our complaints data here.

How do I apply for a boiler or landlord policy?

These products ara no longer available. If you have an existing home insurance you can add home emergency cover using MyAviva. Once logged in simply follow the below steps:

  • Choose the policy you wish to view
  • Use the "Details" button
  • Select "Amend my policy"
  • Under the appropriate cover, select "Yes" next to home emergency.

How do I make a claim on boiler or landlord policies?

First, check that your problem is covered by checking your policy documents.

If the incident or emergency is covered by your policy, please call HomeServe on 0800 247 999.

How do HomeServe vet their tradesmen?

HomeServe are careful to vet all HomeServe approved tradesmen. They do this by: 

  • Inspecting jobs upon completion. 
  • Taking a copy of their Public Liability Certificate. 
  • Validating their relevant trade certificates. 
  • Getting them to agree to the HomeServe Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicator. 
  • Getting them to sign the HomeServe Health and Safety Statement.


Find the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions on car, home, health, life and travel insurance cover, pensions, investments, the Aviva Drive app and Brexit.