Frequently Asked Questions

Ask us a question

You asked: Will I still be able to use my insurance to drive in other EU member states after the UK’s exit from the EU?

Yes. Your current motor insurance cover will continue to provide the legal minimum motor insurance (third-party cover only) for travel to EU & EEA countries, Serbia, Switzerland and Andorra. Customers won’t need to purchase additional third-party motor insurance policy cover when travelling to these countries with a UK-registered vehicle. However, we suggest you check the terms of your cover, as the minimum requirements may not reflect the full cover you have when driving in the UK and you may wish to ‘top up’ your cover for driving abroad (e.g. comprehensive cover, which would include damage to your vehicle).

It’s worth noting that this is the case whilst we’re in the Transition Period. We’ll continue to monitor the situation during the Transition Period as the UK’s relationship with the EU becomes clearer.

Did this answer your question?

Answers others found useful

Back to top