Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: Will you be able to make a payment to me overseas?
Aviva makes international payments into non-UK bank accounts. Currently we believe that we’ll continue to be able to do this for cross-border payments post-Brexit. It’s possible that new transaction charges may be levied on these, both for Aviva and for our customers; however, this is still uncertain.
Additionally, following the outcome of Brexit negotiations, the approach taken by EU/EEA regulators may affect the way in which any payments from the UK into non-UK bank accounts may be regulated or taxed by the country in which the recipient is based.
We don’t yet know what the approach of these regulators or tax authorities will be. We’re continuing to monitor political developments and are engaging with our regulators, so we can minimise any regulatory or operational difficulties that might arise. We’ll always aim to provide the service our customers expect, whatever the Brexit outcome may be.
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
- What will happen if I move house?
- I have a joint Life Insurance plan with my partner. Will the cover continue for him or her, if you pay out on a critical illness claim for me?
- Live chat information
- How do I change my Aviva Response policy?
- I’m an Aviva customer. Do I need to do anything for Brexit?
Browse our FAQs by topic
Most popular faqs
- What's the difference between protected rights and non-protected rights?
- Am I entitled to driving other cars (DOC) cover?
- Do I need to select business use on my car insurance policy?
- What is the Aviva breakdown service callout number?
- What if I have earned No Claim Discount on motor insurance overseas?