- This request covers your next payment. If you need help for future payments, you’ll need to apply again, up to a maximum of three months
- You’ll be requesting to defer your next payment which will be spread evenly over the remaining term of your policy. This means the overall premium will remain the same, however your monthly payments will increase. All other terms of your insurance policy will continue to apply
- Providing you meet the eligibility criteria, confirmation of your revised future payments will be sent to you once we have processed your request
- If you pay for your policy using an Aviva credit option, your total amount payable and APR as set out in your credit agreement will not increase. All other terms of your credit agreement will continue to apply. Requesting a payment deferral will not negatively impact your credit score, but failure to pay the increased future monthly payment may do so
- Don’t cancel any future payments. These will be updated automatically to reflect your increased payments. Payments will be taken on the same date each month using your current payment method
- We reserve the right to refuse your payment deferral request if you don’t meet the eligibility criteria
- We can withdraw the offer of a payment deferral at any time
- We can’t reverse a deferral once it’s in place
To proceed, you need to meet the eligibility criteria and confirm on the application form that you agree to the important information on this page, including that your future payments will be increased and collected using your current payment method. If you’re happy to proceed, please use the appropriate form below.
Payment deferral application forms
If your policy number starts with AVP, MTM or MTH
For other Aviva direct Car, Motorcycle, Home or Personal Van Insurance policies
Need more information?
We’ve answered your FAQs in the Your payment deferral questions answered.