If you have a payment due to come out of your bank account within the next 10 days we may not be able to stop the payment process.
- If we can stop the payment process, we’ll defer this payment
- If we can’t stop the payment process in time and are unable to collect this payment due to funds not being available, we’ll defer the missed payment
- If we can’t stop the payment process in time and are able to collect the payment, we’ll defer your next month’s payment
- If you need help for future payments, you’ll need to apply again, up to a maximum of three months
- Any deferred payment will be spread evenly over the remaining term of your policy. This means the overall premium will remain the same, however your monthly payments will increase. All other terms of your insurance policy will continue to apply
- Providing you meet the eligibility criteria, confirmation of your revised future payments will be sent to you once we have processed your request
- If you pay for your policy using an Aviva credit option, your total amount payable and APR as set out in your credit agreement will not increase. All other terms of your credit agreement will continue to apply. Requesting a payment deferral will not negatively impact your credit score, but failure to pay the increased future monthly payment may do so
- Don’t cancel any future payments. These will be updated automatically to reflect your increased payments. Payments will be taken on the same date each month using your current payment method
- We reserve the right to refuse your payment deferral request if you don’t meet the eligibility criteria
- We can withdraw the offer of a payment deferral at any time
- We can’t reverse a deferral once it’s in place
To proceed, you need to meet the eligibility criteria and confirm on the application form that you agree to the important information on this page, including that your future payments will be increased and collected using your current payment method. If you are happy to proceed, please use the appropriate form below.
Payment deferral application forms
If your policy number starts with AVP, MTM or MTH
For other Aviva direct Car, Motorcycle, Home or Personal Van Insurance policies
Need more information?
We’ve answered your FAQs in the Your payment deferral questions answered.