Article date: 27 September 2001
Norwich Union has introduced a complete one-stop-shop forvehicle security solutions, available to brokers.
The vehicle security helpline is manned by specialist staff, whoare on hand to provide advice to brokers on security for vans,trucks, motorbikes, cars, plant vehicles and grey imports.
The reaction amongst brokers so far has been extremely positive.Shirley Gabriel, market development manager at Norwich Union,comments; "Keeping their vehicles secure is a priority forpolicyholders, with nearly a third thinking they will be a victimof car crime in the next 12 months*.
"Brokers have been really impressed with our helpline,particularly the tailored advice we can give according to the typeof vehicle involved. This is an excellent service which enables ourbrokers to pass on invaluable security solutions to theircustomers."
Additionally, the helpline offers:
- Up to 20 per cent discount on many Thatcham-approved securitydevices acceptable to Norwich Union
- Nationwide installation arranged within ten working days atthe customer's preferred location
- Installation fitted via a Vehicle Systems Installation Boardengineer
- Free advice on improved vehicle security and bestpractice
The advice includes invaluable preventative measures forpolicyholders to keep their vehicles safe, such as locking thevehicle while paying for fuel at a petrol station and alwaysensuring the steering wheel lock is engaged when leaving thevehicle.
The vehicle security helpline is available during normal officehours on 08457 697334.
Media contact: Jenny Chapman or Liz Kennett at Norwich Union on08703 666864
Notes to editors:
* Source: British Crime Survey, Home Office Oct 2000
- Norwich Union Insurance Limited Registered in England Number99122 Registered Office 8 Surrey Street Norwich NR1 3NG
- Member of the General Insurance Standards Council
- CGU plc and Norwich Union plc merged on 30 May 2000 to createCGNU plc, the UK's largest insurance group and one of the top-fiveinsurers in Europe with substantial positions in other marketsaround the world, making it the world's sixth largest insurerbased on gross worldwide premiums.
- CGNU's principal business activities are long-term savings,fund management and general insurance, with worldwide premiumincome and retail investment sales from ongoing business of over£27 billion, and assets under management of more than £200 billion(as at 30 June 2001)
- From October 2000, the combined life and pensions, generalinsurance and retail fund management businesses in the UK operateunder the Norwich Union brand, while the institutional investmentbusiness operates under the Morley Fund Management brand.
- Norwich Union's news releases are available on thiswebsite.
- A selection of images are available from the CGNU Newscastsite at www.Newscast.co.uk
For life & pension media enquiries: 08703 66 68 73
For all other media enquiries: 08703 66 68 68