Article date: 18 January 2002
norwichunion.com has slashed the cost of using its online sharedealing service. From 7 January, it will cost just £5 a trade.
Inexperienced investors can 'try before they buy' using'virtual' portfolios of shares or funds, without having to commitany money. This allows you to monitor performance and get to gripswith investing online before actively making any monetarycommitments.
Despite being driven by the latest technology, norwichunion.comis keen to retain the personal touch, with customers able to talkto a contact centre manned by qualified consultants for help orguidance.
Commenting on the offer, Rob Davies, brand manager,norwichunion.com, said: "Many people have wanted to manage theirportfolios more actively but have been put off by the perceivedcomplexity and costs. Our introductory offer of only £5 a trade isa great way for people to try online share dealing and find out howeasy, and fun it can be."
norwichunion.com's share dealing service is one of a number ofproducts and financial tools that can only be found atwww.norwichunion.com.
David Ross at Norwich Union on 08703 66 68 65
Notes to editors
- Please remember that past performance is no guide to futureperformance. These are risk investments and their value, and anyincome from them can go down as well as up.
- The norwichunion.com online share dealing service is providedby Pershing Securities Limited (Pershing) who are regulated by theFinancial Services Authority. By using the service, customers willform a contract with Pershing and all share trades effected by youwill be with Pershing. To market the service, Norwich Union WealthManagement Limited is regulated by the Financial ServicesAuthority for investment business.
- The £5 per deal plus stamp duty and/or PTM levy if applicableis a special offer which commences on 7 January 2002 and willfinish on 31 March 2002. The operation of this special offer isentirely within our discretion, further we reserve the right towithdraw the offer at any time.
- Norwichunion.com was launched in May 2001 and provides acomprehensive range of free, interactive financial planning toolsand impartial money guides, designed to help people make betterfinancial decisions by making complex money matters simple.
- A fund supermarket Isa and share dealing service are the firstin a range of products that will subsequently include a number ofbanking products.
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer offering acomprehensive range of long-term savings and general insuranceproducts.
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on thisinternet site
- A selection of images is available from the Norwich UnionNewscast site at www.newscast.co.uk
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality interviews.Call the press office on 08703 66 68 68
For all life and pension media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68