Article date: 22 April 2002
Norwich Union is to support the Foreign and CommonwealthOffice’s (FCO) ‘Know Before You Go’ travelinformation campaign, which encourages Britons to be preparedbefore travelling overseas.
The campaign is aimed at encouraging British travellers to takeout suitable travel insurance and check the FCO travel advice atwww.fco.gov.uk/knowbeforeyougo
Other partners signing up to the ‘Know Before YouGo’ campaign include some of the biggest players in thetravel industry, such as British Airways Holidays, Lunn Poly andAmerican Express.
Partners sign up to the Campaign Charter, which commits them toencouraging travellers take out adequate travel insurance,providing travellers with the FCO travel advice, and informing themof the preparations they need to make before leaving thecountry.
Foreign office minister Baroness Amos, who supports thecampaign, commented: “Encouraging British travellers andholidaymakers to stay safe when they are abroad is ineveryone’s best interests. It’s good for the public,good for the travel industry and good for the retailers who supplytravel products. By teaming up, we can get the message across muchmore effectively than we could separately.”
Frankie Nicholson, market development manager at Norwich Union,said: “We are really pleased to be a strategic partner inthis campaign, which prepares overseas travellers so well. It helpsemphasise the importance of adequate travel insurance, and providesadvice and information to ensure a trouble-free, enjoyableexperience abroad.
Press contact at Norwich Union:
Jenny Chapman on 08703 66 68 64 (out of hours 07775 822642)orLiz Kennett 08703 66 68 63 (out of hours 07801 901666) or for moreinformation on the ‘Know Before You Go’ campaigncontact Jacquie Goacher or Katharine Boness at Biss Lancaster EuroRSCG on 0207 497 3001 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer. In generalinsurance it is more than 1.5 times the size of its nearestcompetitor, and has a 19 per cent share of the market.
- It has a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses. It insures:
- one in five households
- one in five motor vehicles
- more than 700,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on thisinternet site
- A selection of images are available from the Norwich UnionNewscast site at www.newscast.co.uk
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality interviews.Call the press office on 08703 66 68 68
- Norwich Union Insurance Limited Registered in England Number99122 Registered Office 8 Surrey Street Norwich NR1 3NG
- Member of the CGNU group of companies and the GeneralInsurance Standards Council
- The consortium appointed to implement this campaign comprisesAEA Technology Environment (the campaign managers) and theConsumers' Association (travel and consumer-related researchexperts).
For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68