Article date: 23 September 2003
As the number of holidays taken by Britons increases - with overa quarter taking two or more holidays a year - Norwich Union isintroducing additional services to its direct travel policies.
The insurer has joined forces with RCI Europe, the UK’slargest independent travel agency, to offer the new Norwich UnionTravel Booking Service which offers thousands of holidays andflights with a ‘Price Promise’ to match the lowestavailable tour operator prices.
The service provides travel and selected motor and homeinsurance customers with independent travel advice, an opportunityto find the right holiday at the right price and arrange discountedholiday extras such as car parking and a hire car all in onecall.
Discounted electrical holiday goods including cameras,camcorders and personal CD players and a Holiday Planner Service tohelp customers organise their holiday leisure time and research orbook entertainment and activities in advance are alsoavailable.
Norwich Union Direct’s annual travel insurance policiesalso include:
- A guaranteed 7.5% discount off tour operator prices.*
- A hotel booking service with discounts of up to 60% on morethan 10,000 hotels worldwide.
- Free credit and debit card protection cover.
Commenting on the additional services, Frankie Nicholson,marketing manager at Norwich Union, said: “With travel andholidays becoming ever more popular as our lives get busier,it’s important that we continually review and refresh ourproducts and services to ensure we are delivering what ourcustomers want.
“We recognise that arranging a holiday can be a stressful,expensive and complicated process, which is why we’ve addednew services such as the Holiday Planner and Travel Booking asstandard to annual travel policies to help make the whole travelexperience easier.”
Norwich Union is also a partner in the Foreign and CommonwealthOffice's ‘Know Before you Go’ campaign, which is aimedat helping British nationals stay safe when travelling overseas.Additional information on travel destinations is available atwww.fco.gov.uk/knowbeforeyougo.
For more information about Norwich Union Direct’s travelproducts and services, customers should call 0800 092 3628 or visitnorwichunion.com and receive a 10% discount for taking out coveron-line.
Liz Kennett – Norwich Union press office on 01603 688263 orout of hours – 07801 901666.
Notes to editors:
* How the discount is applied - First Choice Holiday in Menorca, 11nights half board for two adults and two children.
Brochure price - £1218
Travel agent price - £1153.20
NU Travel Service price - £1066.71
Total saving - £151.29
JMC Holiday to Bahamas for 14 nights all-inclusive for twoadults.
Brochure price - £3,470
Travel Agent price - £3,012
NU Travel Service - £2,786.10
Total saving - £683.90
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer with a marketshare of around 16 per cent and is more than 1.5 times the size ofits nearest rival. It is also the largest personal linesinsurer.
- It has a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses. It insures:
- one in five households
- one in five motor vehicles
- more than 700,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union’s news releases and a selection of imagesare available on the Aviva internet press centre at www.aviva.com/media
An ISDN facility is available for studio qualitybroadcast.
Call the press office on 08703 66 68 68
For all life & pensions media enquiries call 08703 66 6873
For all other media enquiries call 08703 66 68 68