Article date: 14 January 2004
Norwich Union has launched a range of segment-specificcommercial products to provide businesses with cover specificallytailored to their needs.
To reduce intermediaries’ administration time, newenquiries can be submitted via new e-enquiry forms, eitherelectronically or printed off as a hardcopy.
The form can then be used as the basis of the contract with theaddition of a one-page declaration avoiding the need to complete aproposal form.
This approach enables intermediaries to tailor a wide choice ofcovers to the specific needs of different market sectors.
Said David Read, head of commercial product management atNorwich Union: "Different businesses have different insuranceneeds.
"Rather than adopt a one size fits all approach we have takenNorwich Union’s target market segments and developed productsto meet these customers’ individual needs."
The new product range also offers GISC-friendly productliterature to help intermediaries comply with the commercialcode.
The 'Commercial Toolkit' has been designed by Norwich Unionfollowing extensive market research into market segmentation andintermediary and customer requirements.
Available at http://www.nuebroking.com,the toolkit provides information on the commercial market segmentsand includes an overview of each sector, a summary of cover, riskmanagement advice and details of the services available.
The new products have been specifically designed to meet theneeds of the following market sectors: property owners, industry,services, retail and wholesale, leisure and wellbeing,construction, motor trade and agriculture.
For further information, please contact:
Alison Owen at Staniforth on 0161 274 0100 or David Ross at NorwichUnion on 08703 66 68 65/07786 526350.
Notes to editors
- Norwich Union is the UK's largest insurer with a market shareof around 14 per cent
- With a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses, Norwich Union insures:
- - one in five households
- - one in seven motor vehicles
- more than 800,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union’s news releases and a selection of imagesare available on the Aviva internet press centre atwww.aviva.com/media.
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality broadcast.Call the press office on 08703 66 68 68
For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68