Article date: 23 January 2014
Aviva plc announces that Pat Regan, Chief Financial Officer, will be leaving the Group in June to join QBE as its Chief Financial Officer based in Sydney Australia.
Pat joined the Group in February 2010 as CFO and was appointed to the Board as an Executive Director.
Mark Wilson, Aviva’s Chief Executive Officer said: “After a successful career at Aviva, Pat has decided to take a new role outside the Group. Pat has been a tremendous support in assisting me with Aviva’s financial transformation. I am supportive of his decision, and he leaves with my best wishes and those of Aviva’s Board.”
Pat Regan, Aviva’s Chief Financial Officer, said: "Whilst I am excited about my new role at QBE, I am also sad to be leaving Aviva. Aviva is a great business with a bright future ahead of it. I have thoroughly enjoyed working with Mark and I wish him and everyone who works for Aviva all the best for the future.”
Formal arrangements for the search for a CFO are in progress and further announcements will be made in due course. Aviva is committed to appointing a first class CFO commensurate with the standing of the Group.
Nigel Prideaux +44 (0)20 7662 0215
Andrew Reid +44 (0)20 7662 3131
Colin Simpson +44 (0)20 7662 8115
Notes to editors:
- Aviva provides 34 million customers with insurance, savings and investment products.
- We are the UK’s largest insurer and one of Europe’s leading providers of life and general insurance.
- We combine strong life insurance, general insurance and asset management businesses under one powerful brand.
- We are committed to serving our customers well in order to build a stronger, sustainable business, which makes a positive contribution to society, and for which our people are proud to work.
- The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media/ includes images, company and product information and a news release archive.
- For an interactive introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here http://www.aviva.com/library/reports/this-is-aviva-2013/
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/video/
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/