Article date: 6 August 2015
- Seven-year exclusive distribution agreement to underwrite general insurance products under the TSB brand through 600 branches and digital platforms
- 4.7 million TSB customers to benefit from modular home insurance that allows them to design their own insurance package
- Consolidates Aviva’s position as a market leader in home insurance. Aviva insures one in ten UK households
Aviva today announces that its UK general insurance business has signed an exclusive seven-year distribution agreement with TSB covering the distribution of Aviva’s core general insurance products including home, travel, motor, pet, and commercial insurance through TSB’s branch network, online and via telephone.
TSB’s 4.7m customers will have access to a new modular home insurance product, which differs to the one-size-fits-all approach normally seen in the market. It enables customers to use a menu-based approach to select cover based on their needs and lifestyle.
Aviva will manage claims and customer service for TSB from its operations in Perth.
Maurice Tulloch, Chief Executive Officer – Aviva UK general insurance, said:
“I’m delighted to announce the start of this long term, strategic partnership with TSB. Winning this competitive tender process underlines Aviva’s position as the leading general insurer in the UK. In choosing Aviva, TSB recognised the breadth and quality of our product portfolio, the dedication of our award winning customer service teams and our industry leading digital capability.
“The opportunity to work with TSB excites me enormously. Aviva and TSB have similar values and a similar approach to doing business, focused on doing the right things for our customers."
Paul Pester, Chief Executive Officer, TSB, said:
“I’m delighted to be working with Aviva. This partnership will enable TSB to launch a new range of insurance products for TSB customers including some innovative offerings such as our new ‘design your own’ home insurance. We look forward to working with Aviva and continuing to bring more competition to UK banking.”
- ENDS -
If you are a journalist and would like further information, please contact:
Aviva Press Office:
David Gwyer | Aviva UK Press Office | 07800 692544| email@example.com
TSB Press Office:
Claire Miller | TSB Media Relations | 0207 0039 363 | 07900 276400 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors
TSB was created to bring more competition to British banking – to be a real challenger to the big banks and to deliver the kind of banking the people of Britain want. TSB only serves local customers and local businesses, to help fuel local economies, because communities thriving across Britain is a good thing for all of us.
We have a simple, straightforward and transparent banking model and make clear on our website how we operate and make money. We offer the products and services people tell us they want, with none of the funny stuff people normally associate with traditional banks.
Our 4.7 million customers, award winning mobile and digital banking, nationwide network of branches and 8,600 Partners mean we are big enough to make a difference, but small enough to be an agile challenger to the entire market.
For further information about TSB Bank plc, please visit our website www.tsb.co.uk.
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 34* million customers, across 16 markets worldwide
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages £353 billion in assets.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £24.6 billion in benefits and claims in 2014.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva media centre at http://www.aviva.com/media/ includes company information, images, and a news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here http://www.aviva.com/about-us/aviva/
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/b-roll-library/
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
* Before the deduction of overlapping Friends Life and Aviva customers.