Article date: 27 July 2004
Norwich Union Healthcare announced today enhancements to itsinternational medical insurance product. New look Global Care andGlobal Care Plus launch on 27 July 2004.
The Global Care product range has an invaluable new Global HRAssistance service provided by ECA international the world’slargest membership organisation for international humanresources.
ECA’s expertise offers all the information and supportrequired to manage international assignments with maximumefficiency. Corporate Global Care customers will have access to arange of useful services including country profiles with an HRfocus, an international HR helpline and a bank of articles lookingat global HR management issues.
Whilst some of the information contained on the website isgeared towards HR and the employer, it also contains informationuseful to employees moving abroad for the first time or to anunfamiliar country.
Shah Rouf, head of international at Norwich Union Healthcare,said: "It’s often said that moving house ranks among the topfive most stressful events we face in our lives. It follows thatbeing posted abroad and moving your entire life to another country,is an even more fundamental life shift."
Rouf continued: "A recent Harvard Business Reviewarticle, ‘The right way to manage expats’, discoveredthat an alarming number of international assignments fail in oneway or another. Many return home early, others leave the companywithin a year of being repatriated, whilst others finish theassignment, but do not perform as well as expected.
"However, if a company has access to the right information, viaorganisations such as ECA, coupled with the peace of mind ofknowing that any health problems can be taken care of, with accessto high quality healthcare wherever their employees are in theworld, it helps make the move smoother and less stressful for allconcerned."
Key benefits of the Global Care range include:
- in-patient, day-patient and out-patient treatment
- no hospital restrictions giving policyholders an unlimitedchoice of hospitals (with help locating an appropriate hospital ifrequired)
- elective home country treatment option
- compassionate travel benefit
- 24 hour medical emergency helpline
- 24 hour medical information
- global HR assistance services for corporate customers
- 60 day world-wide travel extension
- chronic conditions benefit.*
Norwich Union Healthcare was one of the first medical insurersto divide the world into five rating areas to make premium ratesmore affordable and to reduce cross-subsidy. Our five rating areasprovide progressive cover. Outside the selected area individualsare covered in all lower rated areas and in higher rated areasGlobal Care provides emergency treatment and evacuation cover up to60 days per policy year.
This new range of products is aimed at individuals and groupscovering three to 1,000 employees. Premiums and commissionpayable will depend on the size of the scheme.
For further information intermediaries should contact theirusual Healthcare Sales Consultant or call the Healthcare Bureau on0845 3000 649.
*Available on Global Care Plus only.
Press office contacts:
James Evans 01904452791 Out of hours 07790 487105
Lorna Wiltshire 01904 723236 Out of hours 07788 471849
Louise Soulsby 01904 452617 Out of hours 07810 057362
David Gwyer 01904 452828 Out of hours 07800 699508
Rob Pell 01904 452659 Out of hours 07968 934091
Notes to editors:
- Norwich Union is the UK's largest insurer. It is a leadingprovider of life, pensions and investment products and one of theleading IFA providers. IFAs provide around 70% of the company'slong-term savings business in the UK
- Norwich Union has strategic alliances with building societiesand other leading UK brand names including Tesco Personal Financeand The Royal Bank of Scotland Group
- Norwich Union’s news releases and a selection of imagesare available from Aviva's internet press centre at www.aviva.com/media.
Norwich Union Healthcare
- Norwich Union Healthcare was founded in 1990 as the healthcarearm of Norwich Union and now provides a range of income protectionand private medical insurance products that cover over 750,000lives. It is one of the largest providers of income protection andprivate medical insurance in the UK
- Norwich Union Healthcare is a member of the General InsuranceStandards Council, the Association of British Insurers and theFinancial Ombudsman Service.