Article date: 28 July 2004
Morley Fund Management, one of the UK's largest fund managers,has boosted its global convertibles capability with the appointmentof Shawn Mato as a research analyst in the team. Shawn will reportto David Clott, portfolio manager for convertible funds in Morley'sassociate office in Boston.
Shawn previously worked as a US equity analyst focussing on ITsoftware within Morley's team in Boston. He joined Morley in 2001from Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein where he covered US technologycompanies. Prior to this Shawn worked for Deloitte and Touche as afinancial consultant and Nomura Securities as a fixed incometrader.
Morley manages £681m of global convertibles from its London andBoston offices. In London, derivatives specialist Tom Wills workswith David Clott to manage the funds. Their flagship fund, theAviva Funds Global Convertibles Fund has returned 14.97% over thepast year (to end June 2004) compared to its benchmark return* of13.00%.**
Commenting on Shawn's appointment, David Clott said: "Shawn'sbackground in technology research and government bond trading willadd significant depth to the team. Convertibles are a growing areaof focus at Morley, and this addition is further proof of ourcommitment to this key asset class."
*UBS Global Convertibles Focused
** Source: Standard & Poors - Micropal. Calculation basis:bid to bid, gross income reinvested in fund currency.
For further information please contact:
Fiona Baker, Head of Corporate Communications, Morley FundManagement
020 7809 8617
07736 883 832
Notes to Editors
Morley Fund Management
- Morley Fund Management ('Morley') is an independently managed,London based, asset management business with over £111 billion*under management (as at 31.03.04). It actively manages a diverserange of asset classes and employs in the region of 900 staffworldwide based in London, Singapore and an associate office inBoston**.
- Morley is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Aviva Group andmanages both institutional and retail funds under the Morleybrand. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retailinvestment funds, marketed in the UK by Norwich Union, andinternational funds marketed under the Aviva Funds brand.
*Not including mortgage assets
**Morley Fund Management International Limited, an Avivacompany
- Property Week Awards 2004 - Best Property Fund Manager
- Pensions Management Provider Awards 2003 - Best Property FundManager
- Fund Manager of the Year - Pensions Week Awards 2002
- Specialist Manager of the Year - UK Pensions Awards 2002
- Insurance Fund Manager of the Year (awarded to Norwich Union)- Standard and Poor's 2002
- Sustainable and Ethical Investment and Asset Management Award- Liveable City Awards 2002
Further information about Morley Fund Management can be found atwww.morleyfm.com
Contact us at Morley Fund Management, No. 1 Poultry, London EC2R8EJ.
Telephone calls may be recorded for training and monitoringpurposes.
Morley Fund Management is a business name of Morley FundManagement Limited, registered in England No. 1151805. A member ofthe Norwich Union Marketing Group, members of which are authorisedand regulated in the UK by the Financial Services Authority forlife assurance, pensions and investments. Registered Office: No. 1Poultry, London EC2R 8EJ. A member of the Investment ManagementAssociation.
Morley Fund Management is also a business name of MorleyInvestment Services Limited and Morley Fund ManagementInternational Limited. All are Aviva companies.