Article date: 1 December 2004
Staff at a call centre in Bishopbriggs were visited by a mystery"celebrity" last Friday as part of a nationwide campaign promotinga new £3 million campaign from Norwich Union Direct.
Winners of a staff competition at Norwich Union in WesterhillRoad, won lunch, a trip in a custom built limousine and the chanceto be photographed with a celebrity look-a-like of "ChristinaAguilera".
Karen King, senior customer manager in Bishopbriggs' NorwichUnion Direct call centre, said that the competition amongst staffhad proved popular.
"The winning team were treated to a limousine ride, lunch atnearby restaurant La Vita, and a photo shoot with our celebritylook-a-like 'Christina Aguilera'.
"It was great fun and all 400 staff worked towards their salestargets to try and win. As a large call centre based here inBishopbriggs, it was great to be part of this nationalcampaign."
For further information, please contact:
David Ross at Norwich Union on 08703 66 68 65 or 07786 526350.
Notes to editors:
- The competition in Bishopbriggs is part of a national campaignwhich offers 14 months’ Norwich Union motor insurance coverfor price of 12-months.
- A 14-month policy can be offered to new customers requestingfull comprehensive cover and who have four years or more no claimdiscount. Norwich Union Direct can be contacted on 0800 4096045.
- Norwich Union is the UK's largest insurer with a market shareof around 14 per cent
- With a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses, Norwich Union insures:
- one in five households
- one in seven motor vehicles
- more than 800,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union’s news releases and a selection of imagesare available on the Aviva internet press centre at www.aviva.com/media.
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality broadcast.Call the press office on 08703 66 68 68
- For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 6873
- For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68
- Members of the General Insurance Standards Council
- Members of the Aviva group