Article date: 21 January 2005
BMW (GB) Ltd and Norwich Union Insurance have signed agroundbreaking agreement for the use of BMW original equipment (OE)parts on all BMW repairs for insurance claims underwritten by theinsurer.
Norwich Union, the UK’s largest insurer, has a significantproportion of BMW customers covered by its motor insurancepolicies. Both companies have been working on several jointinitiatives throughout 2004 to find more effective ways of workingtogether. Specifically these initiatives cover access totechnology, use of approved repair networks and parts supply.
Norwich Union has developed and implemented the Unity partssupply operation which was designed to provide competitiveadvantage in terms of parts costs and availability. The agreementto use BMW OE Parts represents a very positive step forward inNorwich Union’s parts strategy.
Tony Booth, national aftersales field manager at BMW (GB), said:‘’This agreement is a significant step forward becauseit demonstrates that two major players in the bodyshop sector canwork together to bring about change which supports bothparties’ long-term business objectives.’’
Tom Spink, head of motor & legal supply chain, said: "We aredelighted that this agreement has cemented a very strong, long-termworking relationship from which we can build future business forboth parties."
Press office contacts:
Erik Nelson 01603682264 or 07989427086
Liz Kennett 01603 688263 or 07800699667
About Norwich Union Insurance:
- Norwich Union is the UK's largest insurer with a market shareof around 14 per cent
- With a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses, Norwich Union insures:
- one in five households
- one in seven motor vehicles
- more than 800,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies and Norwich Union Direct
- Norwich Union's news releases and a selection of images areavailable on the Aviva internet press centre at www.aviva.com/media
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality broadcast.Call the press office on 01603 684 506
- For all life and pensions media enquiries James Evans 01904452659
- For all other media enquiries Louise Zucchi 01603 684 506
Norwich Union Insurance Limited Registered in England No 99122.Registered office: 8 Surrey Street, Norwich, NR1 3NG.
Authorised and regulated by the Financial ServicesAuthority.
Members of the Aviva group.