Article date: 26 August 2005
Norwich Union Healthcare today revealed plans to make Solutionsavailable to companies covering two to nine employees meaning thatbusiness of any size can now benefit from the price and benefitflexibility usually only available to large corporate clients.Solutions was previously available to companies covering 10-249employees,
The introduction of Solutions 2-9 completes Norwich UnionHealthcare’s ambition to introduce benefit flexibility acrosstheir whole PMI product range, and means that intermediaries cannow tailor the most appropriate corporate benefits package from onecomprehensive product.
Mark Noble, head of intermediary sales at Norwich UnionHealthcare said, "The success of Health Solutions for theindividual market, and the ongoing appeal of solutions for 10-249employees, convinced us that a comprehensive core product withoptions to pick and choose extras is what the market needs. Nowwe’re responding to the demand by broadening its availabilityto companies with two to nine employees. We believe solutions leadsthe way in modular private medical insurance propositions. Theintroduction of Solutions to schemes covering two to nineemployees will complete our ambition to make flexible PMI availableto all Norwich Union Healthcare customers.
Solutions 2-9 product includes a comprehensive set of corebenefits and a selection of additional benefits that the employerhas the option to choose from. They can add extra benefits orselect from a range of cost containment options and can alsomix-and-match the options to fit best with their company structure,their company’s needs and current benefits. This modularapproach enables employers to create an affordable healthcareproposition adapted to their needs and budget.
To support the launch of solutions there is a promotionalcampaign aimed at intermediaries and a new suite of literature,this will be followed by a campaign aimed at corporatecustomers.
Further details regarding the launch will be announced inSeptember.
Press office contacts:
Lorna Wiltshire 020 76621013 Out of hours 07800 695 150
James Evans 01904 452791 Out of hours 07800 699 525
Notes to editors:
- Norwich Union is the UK's largest insurer. It is theUK’s largest providers of life, pensions and investmentproducts and one of the leading Financial Adviser (FA) providers.FAs provide around 75% of the company's long-term savings businessin the UK.
- Norwich Union has strategic alliances with building societiesand other leading UK brand names including Tesco Personal Financeand The Royal Bank of Scotland group.
- Norwich Union’s news releases and a selection of imagesare available from Aviva's internet press centre at www.aviva.com/media.
Norwich Union Healthcare
- Norwich Union Healthcare was founded in 1990 as the healthcarearm of Norwich Union and now provides a range of income protectionand private medical insurance products that cover over 800,000lives. It is one of the largest providers of income protection andprivate medical insurance in the UK.
- Norwich Union Healthcare is authorised and regulated by theFinancial Services Authority and is a member of the Association ofBritish Insurers and the Financial Ombudsman Service.