Article date: 30 August 2002
Lex Service PLC, the motoring and vehicle solutions company,announces that, having secured a Certificate of Incorporation onChange of Name from Companies House, the company name will becomeRAC plc with effect from Monday 2 September.
From Monday 2 September the company’s symbol on the stockexchange listings will be ‘RAC’. Ordinary sharecertificates for RAC plc will be mailed to shareholders on Monday 2September, replacing Lex Service PLC ordinary share certificates,which cease to be valid on that date.
The RAC plc website, containing more information about thecompany and its businesses, can be found at www.racplc.co.uk fromMonday 2 September.
Chief Executive Andy Harrison commented: “This is anotherimportant milestone in our transformation to a unique supportservices company, built around our motoring and vehicle expertise.The corporate name change allows us to benefit from the power ofthe RAC brand, while continuing to trade as Lex in the business tobusiness markets where it has competitive strength.”
For further informationplease contact:
Corporate Communications Manager 01628 843722
Kate Holgate / MichaelWebster,
Brunswick Group 020 7404 5959
For shareholder queries, please contact Computershare, the RACplc registrar, on 0870 7020001.
RAC plc provides motoring and vehicle solutions to individual andbusiness customers through five inter-related businessgroupings:
- RAC Consumer Services sells a comprehensive range of motoringsolutions to individual customers, including financial, legal andtravel services, RAC Auto Windscreens and BSM driver tuition.
- RAC Business Solutions sells motoring and related businesssolutions to business customers and manages complex outsourcingbids for large public and private sector organisations.
- Lex Vehicle Leasing is the UK’s leading car and vancontract hire company, providing solutions for fleets of all sizestogether with personal leasing and employee car ownershipschemes.
- Lex Industrial Solutions includes mechanical handling, fleetmanagement and commercial vehicle contract hire, bringing togetheractivities with similar types of customer and operations.
- Manufacturer Support Services provide outsourced marketing andinventory management services, primarily to vehiclemanufacturers.