Article date: 16 March 2006
Norwich Union (NU) and RAC are pleased toannounce today that Diffiniti has been selected as their new agencyto handle the digital media account for both businesses.
Diffiniti, one of a final shortlist of four agencies, won theaccount – worth £20 million in 2006 - following a rigorouspitch and interview process.
Diffiniti will begin working on the account from 1st April,following successful transition from incumbent agencies HarvestDigital and All Response Media.
The decision was taken to consolidate activity within a singleagency to optimise media efficiencies and to help drive the digitalmedia strategy for both NU and RAC. Among the key reasons forselection was Diffiniti’s knowledge of the digital mediamarket and their ability to work across NU’s and RAC’sdiverse portfolio of products and services.
Colin Webb, director of NU General Insurance marketing, saidDiffiniti clearly understood the key challenges facing both NU andRAC.
"Diffiniti’s team were passionate and knowledgeable, and wehave confidence in their ability to manage the entire digital mediamix effectively," he said.
Diffiniti managing director Robert Horler, added: "We are delightedto have won such a challenging and significant contract and arelooking forward very much to working with Norwich Union andRAC."
The contract runs for two years subject to review.
For more information, please contact:
Louise Zucchion 01603 684506.
Notes to editors:
About Norwich Union
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer with a marketshare of around 14%
- With a focus on insurance for individuals and small businesses,Norwich Union insures:
- one-in-five households
- one-in-seven motor vehicles
- more than 800,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies and Norwich Union Direct
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available fromAviva’s internet press centre atwww.aviva.com/media
- Diffiniti is part of the Global Isobar network of digitalagencies owned by Aegis plc, a FTSE 250 listed company
- By aligning its digital businesses under the single umbrellabrand of Isobar, Aegis can now offer a global digital capabilityin all areas, with 1230 staff in 62 offices across 32countries
- In the UK the Isobar network includes Glue and De-construct– two of Britain’s most successful digital creativeagencies – and in the digital media space it comprisesDiffiniti and Carat Digital, making it the UK’s largestonline media planner/buyer.