Article date: 12 October 2006
Morley Fund Management, one of the UK’s largest activefund managers, has recruited sell-side derivatives specialist DavidBarbour as part of a major initiative to bolster Morley’sderivative capabilities and operations.
David joins Morley in October and will be responsible for settingup a legal framework to manage and control the use of derivativeinstruments. He will also be reviewing Morley’s contractsbetween market counterparties.
Morley Fund Management’s head of investment businessmanagement Dr Jez Bezant said David’s appointment was anexciting development and an important part of growingMorley’s derivatives capability.
“Derivatives have become an integral part of investmentmanagement and a growing number of clients are more aware of thepotential for inclusion of derivatives in their portfolios. We needto make sure we are equipped to select and manage these instrumentsmore widely.
“David’s extensive experience in commercial negotiationwill help us negotiate more favourable terms with marketcounterparties. We are delighted that he is joining theteam,” he said.
David will report to Jez Bezant, head of investment businessmanagement.
Prior to joining Morley, David worked at Lehman Brothers as asenior ISDA negotiator. Before this, he worked for Standard BankPLC as manager of documentation for more than five years.
He has extensive experience in banking and financial markets,including more than 13 years experience in derivatives and othertraded market documentation.
For more information contact:
Telephone: 020 7809 8125
Notes to editors:
Morley Fund Management Limited is the UK-based asset managementbusiness of Aviva plc. Firms within the Morley group of companiesmanage £157bn from offices around the world as at 30 June2006.
Morley manages both institutional and retail funds under the Morleybrand. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retailinvestment funds, marketed in the UK under the Norwich Union brand,and international funds marketed under the Aviva Funds brand.
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Pensions Management Awards2006
- Best Commitment to Raising Standards of Trustee Education,Engaged Investor Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Property Week Awards2006
- SRI Provider of the Year, Global Pensions 2006
- Central European Property Awards 2005 - Outstanding Company ofthe Year & Investor of the Year
- UK Pensions Awards 2005 – Property Manager of theYear
- Property Week Awards 2004 – Best Property FundManager
- Pensions Management Provider Awards 2003 – Best PropertyFund Manager
- Fund Manager of the Year - Pensions Week Awards 2002
- Specialist Manager of the Year - UK Pensions Awards 2002
Further information about Morley Fund Management can be found atwww.morleyfm.com