Article date: 19 February 2008
Morley, Aviva's UK asset management business, is delighted to announce that it has added to the breadth of talent and experience on its credit research team with the appointment of two new credit analysts.
Ryan Staszewski is covering utilities and Frederic Beaumelou is covering media and consumer goods and services. Both started in December, bringing the number of analysts on the team to nine.
Ryan and Frederic are responsible for developing effective research and independent analysis and making recommendations to Morley's team of credit fund managers. They will report to head of credit research Tim Barker.
Mr Barker said: "Turmoil in global credit markets in the past year means that the role of credit analysts has never been more important in providing high quality advice to investment decision makers. We're therefore delighted to have made two such hires who will add to the depth and breadth of knowledge on our credit research team. Ryan and Frederic each have several years of experience across international markets and we're delighted to welcome them to Morley."
Ryan joins Morley from Royal Bank of Scotland, where he spent almost three and a half years, most recently working as a business analyst/ project manager. He previously worked as a credit analyst at Bank of Western Australia Limited and has a Bachelor of Commerce from Curtin University in Western Australia.
Before arriving at Morley, Frederic was an associate director at ratings agency Fitch Ratings, where he was the lead credit analyst for a portfolio of ratings in the telecom, media and technology sector. Prior to joining Fitch in 2005, Frederic was with Sumitomo Mitsui Bank and he has also worked for WestLB and Citibank.
For more information contact:
Telephone: 020 7809 8125
Notes to editors:
Morley is the UK-based asset management business of Aviva plc. Firms within the Morley group of companies manage £164bn (€223bn) from offices around the world as at 31 December 2007.
Morley manages both institutional and retail funds. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retail investment funds, marketed in the UK under the Norwich Union brand and in Europe under the Morley name.
The property team manages in excess of £31bn (€43bn) of UK and European property assets.
- Morley's G7 Fund awarded Fixed Income Hedge Fund of the Year, Eurohedge Awards 2007
- Best Property Manager - Financial News Excellence in Institutional Management Awards, Europe 2007
- Morley ranks no.1 fund manager in the Thomson Extel SRI Survey, 2007
- Property Manager of the Year, UK Pensions Awards 2007
- Morley's G7 Fund awarded Fixed Income Hedge Fund of the Year, Eurohedge Awards 2006
- Equity End User of the Year - Derivatives Week DEAL Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Pensions Management Awards 2006
- Best Commitment to Raising Standards of Trustee Education, Engaged Investor Awards 2006
- Property Fund Manager of the Year, Property Week Awards 2006
- SRI Provider of the Year, Global Pensions 2006
- Central European Property Awards 2005 - Outstanding Company of the Year & Investor of the Year
- UK Pensions Awards 2005 - Property Manager of the Year
- Aviva is the leading provider of life and pensions to Europe with substantial positions in other markets around the world, making it the world's fifth largest insurance group based on gross worldwide premiums at 31 December 2006.
- Aviva's principal business activities are long-term savings, fund management and general insurance, with worldwide total sales of £41.5 billion and assets under management of £364 billion at 31 December 2006.
- The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media includes images, company and product information and a news release archive.