Article date: 28 February 2008
Aviva Investors, Aviva plc's new global asset management business, is delighted to announce the appointment of its executive leadership team.
The executive team will report to Aviva Investors' global chief executive officer Alain Dromer. The appointments below are due to take effect on 1 March unless otherwise shown:
- Craig Bingham, chief executive of Portfolio Partners, has been appointed chief executive officer, Aviva Investors Asia Pacific
- Greg Boal, president of Aviva Capital Management, has been appointed chief executive officer, Aviva Investors North America
- Siobhan Boylan, currently chief financial officer of Morley, has been appointed global chief financial officer, Aviva Investors
- Richard Field, director of investments for Norwich Union Life, has been appointed to the new position of director of global investment solutions, starting later this year.
- Chris Oglethorpe, currently Morley's managing director of human resources and communications, has been appointed as global chief operating officer, Aviva Investors
- Ian Womack, managing director, property at Morley has been appointed managing director Aviva Investors global property.
To complete the Aviva Investors executive team, the company will seek to make two further appointments: a global director of business development and a global chief technology officer. In addition to his global chief executive role, Alain Dromer will have oversight of the UK region, with the London-based equity and fixed income teams reporting directly to him, and interim oversight of the European region.
Mr Dromer joined the Aviva group in September 2007 with a mandate to create and lead a global asset management operation. He said: "This executive team has been handpicked during the past six months to deliver Aviva's vision to create a single, globally integrated asset manager with an exciting future. Over the next few months, this group will bring together the current businesses into one global organisation with a new brand to be launched in September.
"These appointments have been drawn from across Aviva's businesses, demonstrating both the depth of talent available to Aviva Investors and also the support of our parent, which is backing us with some of its finest people. As a team, we are looking forward to fulfilling the global promise of Aviva Investors and achieving its great potential that we can foresee for both our clients and our employees."
Morley's interim CIO Adrian Jarvis will take on the role of director of global investment solutions from 1 March until Richard Field joins Aviva Investors from Norwich Union Life later this year. At that point, Adrian will return to an asset allocation role within the Global Investment Solutions division.
Mr Dromer said: "I am delighted that Richard will be joining us later this year. As director of global investment solutions, Richard will be responsible for all Aviva Investors' global and scalable investment activities. In this new role he will oversee a newly created team that will offer our clients a broad range of investment skills and capabilities. It will be an area where we will create specialised, solutions-based portfolios of products including quant, convertibles, index funds, asset allocation and multi-manager to meet the specific demands of our clients, maximising the scale and depth of our expertise.
"As director of investments for Norwich Union Life, Richard has been a demanding client. I am confident that Richard has the breadth of experience and capability to manage this exciting and diverse investment team.
"I would like to thank Adrian for his exceptional work in leading Morley's investment team over the past year. He will lead the transition process over the coming months and then return to his first love of asset allocation within the new global investment solutions team.
"I would also like to thank Nick Alford, Morley's chief operating officer, who after six years with Morley has decided to leave the company to pursue his career externally. In his time at Morley we have seen many improvements to the Operational and Technology platforms and he leaves behind a strong team to continue this work. He will continue at Morley until mid June to ensure an orderly handover of activities into the new Aviva Investors structure."
Fiona Baker, head of corporate communications
+44 (0)20 7809 8617
Notes to editors:
A separate press release details the strategy to build a powerful new global asset manager: Aviva Investors.
Photos of Nick Alford, Craig Bingham, Greg Boal, Siobhan Boylan, Richard Field, Adrian Jarvis, Chris Oglethorpe and Ian Womack are on www.aviva.com.
About Aviva Investors:
Aviva Investors is the global asset management business of Aviva plc, the world's fifth-largest insurer. Aviva Investors will have an initial £316 billion ($623 billion) of assets under management and significant growth potential.
It will operate under a single brand with more than 1,300 employees in 15 countries across the UK, Europe, North America and Asia. Subject to regulatory approval, Aviva Investors will combine businesses in the UK (Morley Fund Management), North America. (Aviva Capital Management, MFM International, Aviva Investment Canada), France (Aviva Gestion d'Actifs), Australia (Portfolio Partners), Poland (CUIM Polska), Ireland (Hibernian Investment Managers), Spain (Aviva Gestion SGIIC (Gestora)) and Romania (CertInvest) and work in partnership with Delta Lloyd Asset Management in the Netherlands.
- Building a global asset management capability is one of Aviva's strategic priorities and as such Aviva Investors will be a key component in Aviva's composite model of long-term savings, general insurance and asset management.
- Aviva is the leading provider of life and pensions to Europe with substantial positions in other markets around the world, making it the world's fifth largest insurance group based on gross worldwide premiums at 31 December 2006.
- Aviva's principal business activities are long-term savings, fund management and general insurance, with worldwide total sales of £49.2 billion and funds under management of £364 billion at 31 December 2007.
- The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media includes images, company and product information and a news release archive.