Article date: 29 April 2008
Aviva is today delighted to announce the sponsorship of Norwich City FC in a three-year deal.
The sponsorship, which will see the company logo printed on the team shirt, also includes:
- An exciting new educational initiative linking football with money management skills for young people
- Renewed sponsorship of the Community Stand
- Funding of the club's Ability Counts initiative
- Continued involvement in Canaries for the Community
John Kitson, sales and marketing director, said: "I'm a massive Norwich City fan and I live here, so I'm very aware of how huge a role the club plays in the local community.
"Being able to announce Aviva's significant investment in the Canaries makes me extremely proud, and signals an exciting development in our existing, excellent relationship with the club.
"Over the coming months, we look forward to announcing some exciting initiatives that will be of benefit to the club, the community and Aviva employees."
Andrew Cullen, Norwich City FC's director of sales and marketing, added: "We are very proud that Aviva, the biggest private sector employer in the county, has agreed to be our shirt and Community Stand sponsor for the next three years. The partnership further extends a positive relationship between two organisations that mean a great deal to our region.
"We very much look forward throughout the sponsorship term to developing existing and new initiatives for the benefit of the local community and to a long, successful and productive relationship with Aviva and all its employees.
"We must also thank our supporters who, through their resilient support, evidenced by the highest number of season ticket holders for three consecutive seasons in the Football League and with over 19,000 already sold for next season, all contribute towards making Norwich City Football Club a compelling proposition for sponsorship."
Aviva is working with the club on a new initiative designed to improve financial and budgeting skills amongst young people, by combining education and sport.
Norwich Union's parent company, Aviva, announced today that it will change the Norwich Union name to Aviva over the next two years as part of its move to a worldwide brand.
For further information, please contact:
Jon Day at Aviva on 01603 681914/07800 690555
Notes to editors:
- Aviva is the leading provider of life and pension products in Europe (including the UK) with substantial positions in other markets around the world, making it the world's fifth largest insurance group based on gross worldwide premiums at 31 December 2006.
- Aviva's principal business activities are long-term savings, fund management and general insurance, with worldwide total sales of £49.2 billion and funds under management of £364 billion at 31 December 2007.
- The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media includes images, company and product information and a news release archive.