Article date: 22 April 2010
Aviva, the UK’s largest insurer, is making improvements to the Aviva for Advisers website. The improvements include:
- Pensions Apply – a new feature that allows personal and stakeholder pensions business to be submitted online
- 600,000 existing annuity policies available in "My Clients" for the first time
- More than 345,000 customer protection policies will be available to advisers through "My Clients" for the first time
- Advisers now have online access to more than five million Aviva policies
- The document library has been reorganised giving easier access to documentation.
Aviva for Advisers was launched in June last year as part of part of a strategy to provide advisers with a market-leading e-commerce platform. The website provides clear information in a simple format and offers advisers a new fund centre service, and access to product, tax and technical support information.
The site was improved in 2009 with the delivery a range of secure transactional services, built around how advisers want to do business with Aviva. The site is used by more than 33,000 advisers to transact new business and manage existing business with Aviva.
The new features – available from 19 April 2010 - make it easier for advisers to write pensions business with Aviva and manage clients’ online portfolios.
Aviva for Advisers is available at: www.aviva.co.uk/adviser
Billy Burnside, head of e-commerce at Aviva, said: "These improvements to Aviva for Advisers demonstrate our ongoing commitment to advisers to make doing business with Aviva easier. The Pensions Apply feature will make it easier for advisers to write pensions business with us more efficiently and the addition of annuity and protection policies increases the number of policies an adviser can administer online with us by 750,000. With more than five million policies now available, and more legacy policies planned for later in 2010, Aviva for Advisers is becoming an invaluable tool for all advisers doing business with Aviva."
Telephone: 01904 452828 07800 693187
Notes to editors:
- Aviva is the world’s fifth largest* insurance group, serving 53 million customers across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific.
- Aviva's main business activities are long-term savings, fund management and general insurance, with worldwide total sales of £45.1 billion and funds under management of £379 billion at 31 December 2009.
- We are the largest insurance services provider in the UK and one of the leading providers of life and pensions products in Europe.
- Aviva’s life and pensions business in the UK has a total market share of 10.3%** and a leading position in its key markets of savings, protection and annuities.
- The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media includes images, company and product information and a news release archive.
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit www.aviva.com/media/video.
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc.
* based on gross worldwide premiums at 31 December 2008
** Source: ABI data released March 2010