Transfer for income drawdown
Before you invest
To transfer in and set up a new Aviva Pension, you'll need to be eligible. There are also some important things to be consider when transferring.
You can open an account if:
- You're aged 18 or over
- You're a permanent resident in the UK or you or your spouse or civil partner work overseas for the UK Government
You'll need to:
- Transfer a minimum of £5,000, or £1,000 if you are making regular payments of at least £25 a month
- Understand that the value of your investment can go down as well as up and you could get back less than has been paid in
- Understand your cash won't be invested when we're processing your transfers so won't be affected by any rise or fall in value during that time, but any unit transfers will remain invested so will continue to be affected by changes in the investment value
- Understand your current provider might not take your pension pot back if you change your mind about transferring
- Be comfortable managing your account and investments online
By applying for this product, you’re confirming that you have read the important policy documents and our Fair Processing Notice (PDF 73 KB), which explains your data rights.