Transfer your pension
Before you invest
To transfer in and set up a new Aviva Pension, you'll need to be eligible. There are also some important things to be consider when transferring.
You can open an account if:
- You're aged 18 or over
- You're a permanent resident in the UK or you or your spouse or civil partner work overseas for the UK Government
You'll need to:
- Transfer a minimum of £5,000, or £1,000 if you are making regular payments of at least £50 a month
- Understand that the value of your investment can go down as well as up and you could get back less than has been paid in
- Understand your funds won't be invested when we're processing your transfer, meaning you won't be affected by any rise or fall in investments during that time
- Understand your current provider might not take your pension pot back if you change your mind about transferring
- Understand there's no guarantee you'll be better off by transferring
By applying for this product, you’re confirming that you have read the important policy documents and our Fair Processing Notice (PDF 104 KB), which explains your data rights.