Use our guides, tools and support materials to help you understand auto-enrolment and get your business ready in time.
Can't find the information you're looking for? Try our 'Ask us' pod on the right.
This document gives a basic introduction to auto-enrolment and the changes it will bring.
Common questions and answers on auto-enrolment.
All the auto-enrolment definitions you will need.
Find out what employers need to do to meet the new regulations
Information on how making contributions meet your auto-enrolment obligations.
How are they affected by auto-enrolment.
What is NEST? How does it fit with auto-enrolment
Do employers need to auto-enrol UK based staff who are not resident in the UK? What if they have employees working overseas?
An information sheet on auto-enrolment for employees.
Find out about the opt out and refund process.
This factsheet covers employees with employment hours and rates of pay that you know or can confidently estimate.
Whose responsibility is it to auto-enrol contract staff?
This factsheet covers employees whose earnings cant be estimated and employees with stable hours and earnings, who earn less than the minimum amount needed for them to be auto-enrolled.
Find out about how contractual enrolment is a possible alternative to auto-enrolment.
What is NEST? How does it fit with auto-enrolment? Get the answers here.
To get employees interested in your scheme, it's a good idea to raise awareness of it before and after your staging date. We offer a range of first-class communication options to help you get the right messages to your workforce.
Talking pensions: Introducing our communications package (PDF 5.91MB)
Answering employees’ questions
Your employees might have a lot of questions to ask about auto-enrolment and pensions in general. So we've created a dedicated workplace pension website to explain the facts.
Free downloadable posters, leaflets and banners
Want a quick and simple way to let your employees know auto-enrolment is coming? Download these free promotional materials to use in your workplace.
- A3 awareness-raising poster (PDF 5.11MB)
- A4 awareness-raising poster (PDF 3.06MB)
- Auto-enrolment leaflet (PDF 2.02MB)
- Auto-enrolment banner – for web and email use (PDF 347KB)
Printed versions are also available for a small fee. Please speak to your adviser or contact us for details.
An interactive planning tool to help you prepare your business for auto-enrolment.
- Get a tailored plan showing what actions you need to take and when.
- An overview and automatic email updates help you stay on track.
- Get ready in time for your staging date.
You can register and get started in just two minutes.
Auto-enrolment Contributions Modeller
Our free Auto-enrolment Contributions Modeller helps you calculate how much auto-enrolment could cost your business.
- Perform a quick assessment of your workforce to see how many eligible, non-eligible and entitled workers you have.
- Calculate how much auto-enrolment will cost you in pension contributions.
- Test different contribution levels to see what they'll cost you.
Read the user guide (PDF 480Kb)
Available for a fee
Please visit our video support website for video guides explaining how to use some of the auto-enrolment tools and services we offer.
- How to use Auto-enrolment Manager for Employers (AME) – our auto-enrolment compliance software.
- How to use Employer servicing zone – a simple, easy to use website that enables you to administer your Aviva pension scheme.
Go to the auto-enrolment video support website.