Making a claim
Please note: Group Cancer Cover is provided and underwritten by Friends Life Ltd, part of the Aviva Group. The following information is for employers only and not for use with employees. This information relates to policies quoted after 28 September 2015.
When one of your employee’s is given a cancer diagnosis, it’s life changing. There are many issues to consider, both emotionally and practically. That’s why we make sure claims are processed quickly and efficiently, so we can take away some of the pressure.
Simple claims process
Our claims process is simple, to ensure an efficient claims assessment and benefit payment to your employees.
To make a claim you need to call 0345 607 0035 or write to us at Aviva Group Protection Claims Management Team, 2nd Floor, Anchorage 1, Anchorage Quay, Salford Quays M50 3YL. We’ll provide you with the details you need to make a claim and we’ll take it from there.
In order to make a claim we usually need the following to be supplied. However, please call us and we can talk you through the information that we’ll need in more detail.
- Evidence that the employee is covered by the policy.
- An employee claim form, signed by the member and sent to us as soon as possible, and in any case within three months of first diagnosis.
- A completed employer’s claim form.
- Confirmation of survival - 14 days following first diagnosis.
- Medical evidence to confirm that the diagnosis meets the definition of cancer covered by this policy.
- A diagnosis or medical opinion which is acceptable to our Chief Medical Officer and is given by a UK hospital Consultant in the area of medicine appropriate to the cause of the claim.
In some instances we may need further information, but we’ll contact your employee should we need to do so.
As soon as we receive notification of a claim we'll work with you to support your employee. Every one of our claims team is trained to handle details sensitively. If you have any questions relating to a claim, please don't hesitate to talk to us on
0345 607 0035.
Once we start the claim process we’ll make sure that your employee has all the information they need in terms of the claim and both the Best Doctors® and RedArc services. (These extra value services are provided as standard but are non-contractual and may be withdrawn by the Aviva Group at any time without notice).
Best Doctors is a registered trademark of Best Doctors, inc. Used with permission.
For more information please contact your usual financial adviser.