Article date: 27 December 2001
Norwich Union has slashed the cost of using its online sharedealing service. From January 7, it will cost just £5 a trade -less than half the cost of most online share dealing services.
Inexperienced investors can 'try before they buy' using'virtual' portfolios of shares or funds, without having to commitany money. This allows you to monitor performance and get to gripswith investing online before actively making any monetarycommitments.
Despite being driven by the latest technology, Norwich Union iskeen to retain the personal touch, with customers able to talk to acontact centre manned by qualified consultants for help orguidance.
Commenting on the offer, Rob Davies, brand manager, NorwichUnion, said: "Many people have wanted to manage their portfoliosmore actively but have been put off by the perceived complexity andcosts. Our introductory offer of only £5 a trade is a great way forpeople to try online share dealing and find out how easy, fun andprofitable it can be."
Norwich Union's online share dealing service is one of a numberof products and financial tools that can only be found atwww.norwichunion.com.
David Ross at Norwich Union on 08703 66 68 67
Notes to editors:
- Please remember that past performance is no guide to futureperformance. These are risk investments and their value, and anyincome from them can go down as well as up.
- The Norwich Union online share dealing service is provided byPershing Securities Limited (Pershing) who are regulated by theFinancial Services Authority. By using the service, customers willform a contract with Pershing and all share trades effected by youwill be with Pershing. To market the service, Norwich Union WealthManagement Limited is regulated by the Financial ServicesAuthority for investment business.
- The £5 per deal plus stamp duty and/or PTM levy if applicableis a special offer which commences on 7 January 2002 and willfinish on 31 March 2002. The operation of this special offer isentirely within our discretion, further we reserve the right towithdraw the offer at any time.
- Norwich Union's online personal finance service was launchedin May 2001 and provides a comprehensive range of free,interactive financial planning tools and impartial money guides,designed to help people make better financial decisions by makingcomplex money matters simple.
- A fund supermarket Isa and share dealing service are the firstin a range of products that will subsequently include a number ofbanking products.
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer offering acomprehensive range of long-term savings and general insuranceproducts.
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on thisinternet site
- A selection of images are available from the Norwich UnionNewscast site at www.newscast.co.uk
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality interviews.Call the press office on 08703 66 68 68
For all life and pension media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68