Article date: 28 January 2002
Norwich Union has entered the guaranteed bond market with theintroduction of Prosper, its new four-year guaranteed capitalbond.
The launch of Prosper signifies a new market offering forNorwich Union and is the company’s first entry into theguaranteed bond market since the merger of Norwich Union and CGU.Offering a guaranteed return of the original investment and growthlinked to the FTSE-100, the four-year guaranteed capital bond isavailable from 28 January 2002.
The closing date for investment is 1 March with the four-yearterm starting on March 5. Early investors will benefit from anextra bonus of 0.35 per cent if they invest before 11 February2002, or 0.15 per cent if invested between 11 February and 1 March2002.
The performance of the bond is measured over six month periodsthroughout the four-year term. In each period any rise or fall inthe FTSE-100 of up to 6.5 per cent will be reflected inProsper’s performance, allowing investors the opportunity toachieve a good return, whilst the guarantee safeguards theiroriginal investment at the end of the term.
Neil Davies, proposition manager (investments) at Norwich Unionsays: “Prosper is available for a limited period only andoffers investors strong growth potential which is linked to theperformance of the UK stockmarket over four years. Significantly,Prosper gives the investor the valuable assurance that there is acast iron money back guarantee at maturity. So, no matter whathappens, investors know that their initial investment is completelysecure at the end of the four-year period.
“Prosper really does present an ideal opportunity forpeople who want to invest in the stockmarket without putting theircapital at risk. They also have the confidence of knowing thatProsper is backed by Norwich Union, the UK’s largestinsurer.”
For more information on Prosper, please contact Norwich Union on01904 452634 or visit the Norwich Union website atwww.norwichunion.com/ifa
Press office contacts
James Evans, Norwich Union 08703 66 68 78
Out of hours 07790 487105
Louise Goffee, Norwich Union 08703 66 68 70
Out of hours 07810 057362
Notes to editors
- THE VALUE OF YOUR INVESTMENT CAN GO DOWN AS WELL AS UP AND ISNOT GUARANTEED, APART ROM THE GUARANTEE APPLYING AT MATURITY.
- FTSE-100 is a trade mark of FTSE International Limited. FTSEInternational Limited does not sponsor the Prosper GuaranteedBond.
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer. It is theUK’s largest provider of life, pensions and investmentproducts and one of the leading IFA providers. IFAs provide around75% of the company’s long-term savings business.
- Norwich Union has strategic alliances with over 20 buildingsocieties and other leading UK brand names including TescoPersonal Finance Limited and The Royal Bank of ScotlandGroup.
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on thisinternet site
- A selection of images is available from the CGNU Newscast siteat www.newscast.co.uk
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality interviews.Call the press office on 08703 66 68 73
For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68