Article date: 12 November 2004
The UK’s largest general insurer is launchinga customer magazine to 500,000 of its customers.
The launch by Norwich Union follows a successfulpilot to 50,000 of its customers. Results from the four-editionpilot showed 91% of customers read the magazine and 86% found thearticles of value.
The first edition of the roll-out magazine willarrive on the doorsteps of 500,000 Norwich Union Direct customersin January. It is aimed at 25 to 45-year-olds who have at least onemotor, home or annual travel policy with Norwich Union Direct.
This quarterly title will illustrate just howfar Norwich Union has stretched its brand beyond core insuranceproducts towards total solutions. Its huge buying power enablesNorwich Union to pass on discount prices to its customers, sowhether customers want to buy a new car, get a washing machine,book a holiday, or have their central heating serviced, NorwichUnion will take care of it.
In addition to the useful and practicallifestyle-based content, the magazine will also demonstrate how itscorporate social responsibility programme operates.
Sarah Black, publishing manager at Norwich Union, said: "Ourresearch tells us that our customers trust the Norwich Union brandand are receptive to reading more about the products and serviceswe can offer them.
"Previously we have only really been in touch with our customersthrough one dimensional direct marketing, but the magazine gives usa platform to have a completely new dialogue with them, buildingthe brand, building relationships and providing great valueproducts and services all in the same place."
The 64-page, premium quality magazine will carry paid-foradvertising and the insurer has applied to the Audit Bureau ofCirculation to have the distribution audited. It will be publishedby London-based Halcyon Services.
Black continued: "According to the Association of PublishingAgencies, 2003 saw an 85% increase in the number of customermagazines, and this interest has continued into 2004. We feel thatfollowing our successful 12-month pilot, this is an excellentopportunity to have an ongoing dialogue with our most valuedcustomers to help them take care of what’s important."
Potential advertisers who would like to knowmore about the magazine should contact Roy Kemp at Synergy GroupMedia on 0208 255 2121.
Liz Kennett at Norwich Union on 01603 68 82 63/ 07800 699667
Notes to editors
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer with a marketshare of around 14 per cent.
- With a focus on insurance for individuals and small businesses,Norwich Union insures:
- one in five households
- one in seven motor vehicles
- more than 800,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union’s news releases and a selection of imagesare available from Aviva’s internet press centre atwww.aviva.com/media
- Members of the General Insurance Standards Council
- Members of the Aviva group