Article date: 16 May 2008
For the second year running, Norwich Union Healthcare has scooped the award for the most popular website in the health insurance category from online intelligence service Hitwise. The site was recently modernised to offer a clearer and more user-friendly design, including an online quote engine.
The Hitwise UK Online Performance Awards recognises outstanding online business achievement and the most successful UK websites in 50 key selected industries, based on the market share of visits throughout 2007. The awards also include the most searched-for brands online, based on volume of searchers.
Mark Noble, of Norwich Union Healthcare, said: "It's great to receive this kind of accolade and I congratulate our web team for their hard work. But what is most important is that customers find the site easy to use and that it meets their needs - this award reflects their satisfaction."
Hitwise reports on the anonymous online usage and search behaviour of more than 8.43 million UK internet users and is the largest online sample of its kind, recognising excellence in online performance through public popularity.
Commenting on the awards programme, general manager of Hitwise UK Daniel King, said: "Website visits and searches provide an excellent measure of a website's success and brand popularity. Each of our award winners has been recognised by UK consumers as leaders in their category. This is truly a people's choice award, as UK internet users have determined Hitwise UK's annual top websites and online brands."
Other Aviva rankings included:
www.rac.co.uk - rated fourth in the General Insurance category
www.norwichunion.com - rated eighth in the General Insurance category
NOTES TO EDITORS
About Norwich Union Healthcare
- Norwich Union Healthcare was founded in 1990 as the healthcare arm of Norwich Union and now provides a range of private medical insurance, income protection, occupational health and group life products and services that cover over 2,400,000 lives. It is one of the largest providers of income protection and private medical insurance in the UK.
- Norwich Union Occupation Health, a sister company of Norwich Union Healthcare, provides occupational health solutions and services to a wide range of industry sectors. By utilising their large fleet of purpose built mobile clinics and approved medical centres, staffed by a team of experienced occupational physicians and nursing staff, the services are designed to meet the individual needs of clients.
- Norwich Union Healthcare is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority and is a member of the Association of British Insurers and the Financial Ombudsman Service.
- Norwich Union's news releases and a selection of images are available from Aviva's internet press centre at www.aviva.com/media.
Lucy Grubb on 07800 691935
Elaine Finch on 07800 695858
- Hitwise is the leading online competitive intelligence service. Only Hitwise provides its 1,400 clients around the world with daily insights on how their customers interact with a broad range of competitive websites and how their competitors use different tactics to attract online customers.
- Since 1997, Hitwise has pioneered a unique, network-based approach to Internet measurement. Through relationships with ISPs around the world, Hitwise's patented methodology anonymously captures the online usage, search and conversion behaviour of 25 million internet users. This unprecedented volume of internet usage data is seamlessly integrated into an easy-to-use, web-based service, designed to help marketers plan, implement and report better on a range of online marketing programs.
- Hitwise, a subsidiary of Experian (FTS:EXPN) www.experiangroup.com operates in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore. More information about Hitwise is available at www.hitwise.com
Jannie Cahill at firstname.lastname@example.org