What this policy covers
Please note: This information relates to policies quoted after 28 September 2015.
Group Income Protection is designed to make payments after a deferred period during long-term absences from work, which may be as a result of an unexpected illness or injury. It doesn’t provide cover as a result of redundancy. Our policy can help improve and support your employee’s wellbeing, as well as support them in times of poor health. Our early intervention services are available to you as soon as you identify that an employee is at risk of long term sickness absence. These services help you meet your legal obligation, as an employer, to support sick and injured employees and could prevent claims from being made.
Group Income Protection
- Cover for up to 80% of your employee's earnings (to a maximum of £425,000).
- Choose a deferred period to suit your budget and business, by deciding when the Group Income Protection payment begins, after 13, 26, 28 or 52 weeks.
- You’ll have a choice of benefit payment terms, either to the policy cease age or for a limited payment period or 2, 3, 4 or 5 years, so you can retain control over your costs.
The added value benefits your employees receive
With Group Income Protection in place your employees will have additional peace of mind and reassurance by knowing that they can focus on their recovery (in cases of illness or injury) and not their finances. With our policy, we offer:
- An Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) which is a confidential advice and information service, giving your employees access to clinical and professional expertise. It’s run by trained counsellors who can help deal with a range of issues such as workplace stress or illness. The EAP service is provided by Care First and is a non contractual benefit which can be removed at any time without notice.
- Assistance with sourcing and funding line manager training, where appropriate, on sickness absence topics – specific to the needs of your business – delivered via webinar or face to face.
- Support with the delivery of health promotional days for your business.
- Health and fitness discounts across the UK, including national gym offers.
- Discounts for your employees across a range of our insurances including motor, home and travel.
We’ll help you help your employees
We realise it’s important to tell your employees about how their Group Income Protection policy can help and benefit them. If you’d like us to help, just let us know.