How does this policy work?
Our Group Income Protection policies help your business as well as your employees. If you're covering 250 or more members of staff (with a minimum of 5), it’s likely that your priorities will include affordability and efficiency as well as flexibility.
We include a free cover limit up to a maximum of £120,000 under which there's no need for an individual medical underwriting and we offer an Employee Assistance Programme.
- You’ll choose options that help your business…
- You choose when your Group Income Protection payments begin – after 13, 26, 28, 41, 52 or 104 weeks.
- Decide to pay income benefit with a lump sum option, which provides a lump sum after a limited term of regular income benefit. This can help fund an employee's early retirement. Or our Pay Direct option which pays a regular income direct to the former employee as opposed to the employer. This can help save on administration costs.
- You can decide which benefit payment terms suit your business best either to intended company retirement age or for a limited period, so that you can retain control over costs.
- Our 'once only' medical underwriting will usually apply for members whose benefit are above the Free Cover Limit (currently £120,000).
- We’ll give you support in all aspects of scheme administration, providing a dedicated Key Account Manager and named contacts when your premiums exceed £250,000 per year…
- We’ll help you and your employees while they’re working…
- Our wellbeing services can help you to promote good working practices in the workplace, which can help your employees stay healthy and mitigates risk to your business.
- We include an Employee Assistance Programme, which can help your employees deal with a range of issues – such as stress or illness. You can find out more about this valuable service on our Employee Assistance Programme page.
- … and you can all rely on us for support during long-term absence…
- Group Income Protection will provide cover for up to 80% of your employees’ earnings, up to a maximum of £350,000.
- Wherever possible, we’ll work with you and your employees to help them recover and return to work as quickly as possible.
- We can provide a reduced income benefit, as employees recover, which can help motivate their return to work over a period of time but still relieves some of the stress concerned with finances.
- We’ll help your employees’ families and their colleagues adjust to stressful or difficult situations, often experienced during long-term absence.
- All claims can be dealt with over the phone, by a team that’s trained to understand that long-term absence can be a stressful time.
- Every employee will be given a dedicated case manager if they need to make a claim. This ensures consistency, and helps us all be as efficient as possible with the details involved.
- By taking the Pay Direct option, income benefits can be paid directly to your employees…
Key Account Solutions
If your premiums total £250,000 or more annually, we’ll use Key Account Solutions to help your policy administration run as smoothly as possible. That means providing dedicated contacts, ensuring consistency, and working with you to manage your policy in detail and see how claims performance affects future premiums. You’ll have a nominated team of people to speak to, from underwriters to claims handlers and rehabilitation personnel.
As well as making sure that your Key Account Manager is available and arranging meetings through the year to monitor service and review your needs, we’ll also provide Management Information reports. These contain a commentary on your scheme’s performance, claims, status and comparison data.
Your adviser can explain more about Key Account Solutions, and we’re happy to talk about your requirements in more detail when we meet. Call us on 0845 300 4452 to set up a meeting and talk about Group Income Protection …