How does this policy work?
Our Group Income Protection policy helps your business as well as your employees. With 5 to 49 employees, we realise that affordability and efficiency are important. That’s why we include a free cover limit up to a maximum of £120,000, under which there’s no need for individual medical underwriting.
- You’ll choose options that help your business…
- You choose when your Group Income Protection payments begin – after 13, 26, 28, 41, 52 or 104 weeks.
- Decide to pay income benefit with either a lump sum or through our Pay Direct option. This helps save administration costs during long-term absences and helps fund an employee’s early retirement.
- You can decide which benefit payment terms suit your business best: either to retirement age or for a limited period, so that you can retain control over costs.
- Our ‘once only’ underwriting option can be used for members who are eligible for benefits above our free cover limit (up to £120,000 maximum).
- You can take advantage of our Employee Assistance Programme at no extra charge.
- We’ll help you and your employees while they’re working…
- Our wellbeing services can help you to promote good working practices in the workplace, which helps your employees stay healthy and mitigates risk to your business.
- We include a free Employee Assistance Programme, which helps your employees with a range of issues – such as stress or illness. You can find out more about this valuable service, included at no charge, on our Employee Assistance Programme page.
- Your employees can access our 24 hour Stress Counselling helpline, for practical and emotional support that’s provided by trained counsellors. We also provide a 24 hour GP helpline, which could help relieve concerns and reduce time off work…
- … and you can all rely on us for support during long-term absences…
- Group Income Protection will provide cover for up to 80% of your employees’ earnings, up to a maximum of £350,000.
- Wherever possible, we’ll work with you and your employees to help them recover and return to work as quickly as possible.
- We can provide a reduced income benefit, as employees recover, which helps motivate their return to work over a period of time but still relieves some of the stress concerned with finances.
- We’ll help your employees’ families and their colleagues adjust to stressful or difficult situations, often experienced during long-term absence.
- All claims can be dealt with over the phone, by a team that’s trained to understand that long-term absence can be a stressful time.
- Every employee will be given a dedicated case manager if they need to make a claim. This ensures consistency, and helps us all be as efficient as possible with the details involved.
- By taking the Pay Direct option, income benefits can be paid directly to your employees.