How does this policy work?
Our Group Income Protection policy helps your business and your employees. We understand that affordability and efficiency are important, which is why we offer a free level of cover, of up to a £120,000, which does not require medical underwriting.
- Choose the options that fit your business
- Decide when your Group Income Protection payments begins; after 13, 26, 28, 41, 52 or 104 weeks.
- Chose whether you require benefit to be paid for a limited term of 2, 3, 4 or 5 years or if you require a lump sum option. If the member is still incapacitated at the end of the limited term then a lump sum payment can be provided.
- The option to ‘pay direct’, which allows employers to select at point of claim whether they would like benefit payments made directly to the employee. Pay direct doesn't help with administration costs but can reduce the employers liability in terms of associated costs of retaining employees on the payroll.
- Pick the benefit payment terms that suit your business best, either to the policy cease age or for a limited period, helping you to retain control over costs.
- Our ‘once only underwriting’ option means that members whose benefits are above the free cover limit will normally only be underwritten once with no requirement for further underwriting.
- Take advantage of our Employee Assistance Programme at no extra charge.
- We’ll help you and your employees whilst at work
- Our wellbeing service can help you promote a good working practice, which helps your employees stay healthy and reduces risk to your business.
- We include a free Employee Assistance Programme, which offers employees over the phone and face to face counselling sessions.
- You can all rely on us for support during long-term absences
- Our Group Income Protection policy provides cover for up to 80% of your employees’ gross taxable earnings (up to a maximum of £350,000).
- Whenever possible we’ll work with your employees to help them recover and return to work as quickly as possible.
- To help motivate your employees to return to work we can provide a reduced income benefit
- All claims will be dealt with over the phone by a team trained to understand long-term absences from work.