Whether you need short term insurance for a car, a van, a classic car or a motor home, it’s quick and easy to get covered for just one day, or for up to 28 days with us.
- We’ll look after you with reliable insurance from as little as £10 per day.
- Choose daily car insurance when you need it, or get covered for consecutive days.
- It’s quick and easy to buy online.
- If the temporary car insurance policy holder has an accident, it won’t affect the vehicle owner’s no claim discount.
- Our UK based claims team will help you if anything happens.
- Our short term insurance and one day insurance is available to licence holders in the UK, EU, Australia and New Zealand (subject to qualifying criteria at the time of booking).
- Available for people aged between 21 and 75 years old.
Does someone need to borrow your vehicle?
If a friend or family member would like temporary car insurance to drive your vehicle, we’ll comprehensively insure them on a policy in their name. That way, your no claim discount will be protected.
Will you be borrowing someone else’s vehicle?
You can get a short-term insurance policy that won’t affect the vehicle owner’s annual insurance policy. Having a separate policy also makes things easy because:
- Your name doesn’t need to be added to the vehicle owner’s annual insurance policy as a named driver.
- You won’t need to change the vehicle on your annual insurance policy to the one you’ll be borrowing. (If you did have to, then your own vehicle would be uninsured and in breach of the new Continuous Insurance Enforcement laws.)
Do you need insurance for just one day?
We know that people sometimes need car insurance for a day. That’s why we’ve made it easy to get last minute cover when you need it. Lots of our customers get day insurance to:
- Share the driving with a friend on a long journey
- Borrow a friend or relative’s car for the day
- Insure a friend or relative to borrow a vehicle rather than hiring one
- Test drive a new vehicle
- Cover someone to test drive a vehicle
Get covered in minutes online
The quickest and easiest way to buy short term insurance is from our website. Here’s how it works:
- The premium you’ll pay depends on the cover you choose and your individual circumstances.
- Once you’ve bought your insurance, we’ll send you a certificate you can download and print. We’ll register your policy on the motor insurance database.
- Within 24 hours, your details will be uploaded, so if you’re checked on the roadside to see if you’re entitled to drive the vehicle, you’ll be covered.
Short Term Car Insurance is introduced by Aviva UK Digital Limited (Registered in England No. 09766150. Registered Office: St Helen’s, 1 Undershaft, London EC3P 3DQ) to Dayinsure.com limited (Registered in England Authority No: 304010, Company Registered No: 4996289, Registered Office: Mara House, Tarporley Business Centre, Nantwich Road, Tarporley, Cheshire CW6 9UY) Both companies are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.