If you wish to report a new claim that's being made against you, by another person(s) or company, OR you wish to report an incident which may potentially lead to a new claim being made against you, please kindly follow these instructions:
IMPORTANT: if you have an insurance broker, please firstly report the incident to them. Your broker will, in turn, let us know. If you do not have an insurance broker, please follow these instructions:
- if the claim against you is for an INJURY TO A PERSON(S), please call 0345 300 7586.
- if the claim is for VEHICLE DAMAGE (BUT NOT RELATING TO A ROAD TRAFFIC ACCIDENT) or Property Damage, please call the Damage Unit on 0345 301 6042.
- Queries in relation to road traffic accident motor claims should be directed to motor claims.
- alternatively and if you prefer, you can EMAIL us, via Glasnew@aviva.com, providing full details of the incident in question, incident date, your Aviva insurance policy number and telephone and e mail contact details for you, so we can get in touch.
- if the claim against you is for INDUSTRIAL DISEASE(Legacy), please call 0345 301 6049 or 0345 301 6050.
- alternatively and if you prefer, you can EMAIL Legacy at Legacy@aviva.com, providing full details of the incident in question, incident date, your Aviva insurance policy number and telephone and e mail contact details for you, so we can get in touch.
- you can send us a FAX, via 0345 302 8365. Please provide your full details, including the incident date in question, your Aviva insurance policy number and telephone and email contact details for you.
- or you can WRITE to us, providing full details of the incident in question, incident date, your Aviva insurance policy number and telephone and e mail contact details for you, so we can get in touch, via Aviva Liability Claims, PO Box 3456, NORWICH, NR1 3GJ.
Typical new claims information we need will be:
- your name
- your Aviva policy number
- the incident date
- the incident circumstances
- nature of injury/damage/loss
- your contact details
- the Claimant's contact details
- any Witness contact details
- estimate of the value of the loss and
- your view on who was responsible
Making an enquiry about an existing liability claim
Please call the person handling your claim, directly. The claims handler should have provided his/her name, phone number and email address when they initially spoke or wrote to you. If you don't know the person's details, please use the same numbers to dial when making a new claim (see above), dependent on the type of claim you are making.
Sometimes things will regrettably go wrong and if you do need to speak with one of our skilled Troubleshooters, please call us on 0845 302 8340 or email us via email@example.com.
Our office location and opening hours
Our office is located in Bishopbriggs (a suburb of Glasgow), however our work is firstly scanned onto a computer image system, hence the Norwich address (our scanning location). We are open between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, excluding English bank holidays and the 2nd working day of January.
Helping us to help you
We respectfully remind you that you are obliged to report any new claim promptly, and we would ask you to also promptly report any potential claim. Telling us early of such incidents will help everyone in the process of establishing the facts and making a decision. We know that making a claim can be difficult. Please tell us what guidance or clarity you need on any aspect of your claim and we'll respond to your individual needs on an individual basis.
If you are a Broker
If you are a Broker, you can now notify all these commercial claims online 24/7 - Employers Liability, Public Liability, Property Liability and Environmental/Disease Claims. Just visit the Aviva Broker website at http://broker.aviva.co.uk/ for more information. You can go directly to the online form at https://broker.aviva.co.uk/claims/make-claim/.