If you’re letting up to three properties, you’re still eligible to buy our home insurance. Each property requires a separate policy so you will need to submit separate quote forms.^ Our home insurance for landlords comes with some great benefits:
- 40% no claim discount, new customers who've been claim free for five years or more, compared to new customers who've claimed in the last year.*
- You could save up to 20% when you buy online. 42% of customers are expected to receive the maximum 20% saving.**
- Within two hours of your call, we’ll send you an approved tradesperson to secure your property and make it safe after a break-in. This service is for properties which are unsecured or unsafe as a result of damage.
- A named personal claim manager who will manage your claim from beginning to end.
- Existing car and home customers can get 20% loyalty discount on their new home insurance policy with us. This does not apply to home emergency and legal cover options.
Is the cover for me?
To qualify for cover the home must be let to a family member or an employed or retired tenant and have a current tenancy agreement in place. Your tenant must not sub-let to anyone else.
What cover is available?
You can choose to buy:
This covers the ‘structure’ of the home. This includes things like outbuildings, walls, gates, drives and paths as well as other permanent fixtures inside your home such as wardrobes, fitted kitchens and sanitary ware.
This covers things like furniture, carpets and furnishings, appliances and other household items you’ve provided at the home you’re letting. It doesn’t cover property belonging to your tenant.
Combined insurance for landlords
Buy both covers and get a combined cover discount.
What is covered?
Loss or damage to your buildings and/or contents (as selected) by all the standard insurance risks such as fire, subsidence, flooding plus:
- Lost rental income if insured damage means the home is unfit for a tenant to live in. (Applicable to buildings and contents cover).
- We’ll replace your locks if the keys to your home are accidentally lost or stolen. This includes external doors, alarm systems and domestic safes only, up to a total value of £1000. (Applicable to buildings and contents cover).
- Your legal responsibility as the property owner to pay damages to a third party for injury or damage to their property. (Applicable to buildings cover).
- (Optional) Accidental damage to sanitary fittings, service pipes/cables and fixed glass. (Applicable to buildings cover).
- (Optional) Accidental damage to non-portable home entertainment equipment and fixed glass. (Applicable to contents cover).
What’s not covered?
There are some special limitations for let properties;
- The standard policy doesn’t cover either theft or malicious damage by tenants.
- Our ‘extra’ level of accidental damage cover isn’t available for let properties.
Please refer to the key facts and policy booklet for further details of the cover and exclusions.
Our standard contents limit of £50,000 is designed for normally furnished homes. If you let your property with limited furnishings eg just carpets, curtains and appliances, lower sums are available via our UK call centres. Please call 0800 404 6098 to discuss your needs with one of our expert advisers.
^ If you have more than three let properties or want a single landlord’s insurance policy to cover all of your rental properties our commercial landlord policy may be more appropriate for you.
* Smaller discounts apply if you have been claim free for between one and four years. Discount doesn’t apply to home emergency, legal or specified valuable cover options. Minimum price applies.
** Excludes optional covers. Minimum price applies.