How much could you save?
If you drive safely, you could save up to 20% on your comprehensive car insurance. 30% qualified for the maximum saving of 20%*. Please see the table below for more details on the discounts available.
|Aviva Drive driving score||Normal annual Aviva new customer price
(excluding optional extras)
|Under £200||£200 - £399||£400+|
|0 to 3.0||No additional saving available||0%||0%|
|3.1 to 5.0||2.5%||5%|
|5.1 to 7||5%||10%|
|7.1 to 10||10%||20%|
- Optimum accuracy – A number of things can affect the precision of the GPS signal your phone receives. So for the best results and to ensure we give you a score which most accurately reflects your driving, we recommend you use an in-car cradle or at least place the phone in a stable position on your dashboard. We try not to use GPS data which could be unreliable, so you may find the mileage recorded by the app for some journeys is less than your actual mileage driven.
- Battery usage - GPS often requires more battery power. If you’re planning a long journey, make sure you have a full battery before you start, and consider using an in-car charger.
- Low scores – Any score of 3.1 and above recognises your safer driving behaviour and is rewarded with a discount. And while the safest drivers could get a discount of up to 20%, Aviva won’t penalise drivers with lower scores. Our competitive standard premium will still be available, but without the extra discount.
- Your data – The data we collect will be used to help us build an understanding of your driving behaviour and risk, and will adhere to the high standards that Aviva apply for all customer data collected.
Do you have a question about Aviva Drive?
You can find answers to the most frequently asked questions here.
* Between 1 June 2013 and 1 November 2013 30% qualified for the maximum saving of 20% and 34% qualified for 10%. The discount depends on your score and premium – minimum premium of £200. Discount available on one car per policy only (applied to the first car that the principal policyholder is identified as being the main driver of). Discount is calculated after any eligible offers have been deducted. Discount does not apply to optional extras. Aviva Drive discounts apply from 1 December 2013, we reserve the right to review or change the discounts on a quarterly basis.