Our promise to you
We want to give you great customer service but sometimes things do go wrong. We can usually resolve most issues straightaway, so please get in touch with your usual contact such as your broker or the Aviva team dealing with your claim or the sale or servicing of your policy.
You can also complain online using our complaint form where you can send us photos and files to help us understand your issues.
What you'll need to tell us so that we can help you
- Your personal details
- Your policy/claim details
- What's gone wrong
- What you want us to do to put things right
What we'll do to resolve your complaint
- We'll get it to the right person
- We'll be in touch with you as soon as we can and let you know what will happen next
- We'll treat your complaint fairly
- We'll resolve your complaint as soon as possible and we will try to do this within 10 working days
- For more complex issues it's likely that we will need longer to look into what's happened and we may ask you for further information to help us reach a decision
- We'll give you regular updates
And once we've dealt with your complaint, we'll go back and see what we can learn from your experience.
If you're not happy with our response to your complaint
If you feel we've not considered all of your issues or you can provide further information, please let us know and we'll be happy to review it. But if you're unhappy with the outcome you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) to carry out an independent review of your complaint. In any event, you have the right to ask the FOS to review your complaint if we've been unable to resolve it within 8 weeks. The FOS can help with most complaints if you are:
- A consumer
- A business employing fewer than 10 persons that has an annual turnover that doesn't exceed €2 million
- A charity with an annual turnover of less than £1 million
- A trustee of a trust with a net asset value of less than £1 million
If you are unsure whether the FOS will consider your complaint, please contact them directly for advice. The service the FOS provides is free and impartial and contacting them at any stage of your complaint will not affect your legal rights.
The contact details for the FOS are:
Financial Ombudsman Service
Their phone numbers are 0300 123 9123 (free from most mobiles) or 0800 023 4567 (free from landlines).
You can send an e-mail to: email@example.com
Or you can log on to their website: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk