With over 20 years of healthcare experience, we've helped thousands of our customers through making a claim. In most instances our team will assess your claim over the phone, leaving you free to focus on getting the care you need.
Our step by step guide below will help you prepare the information that we'll ask you for.
- Your claims team number: 0800 068 5821
- Monday to Friday
- 8.00am – 8.00pm
- 8.00am – 1.00pm
Calls to and from Aviva may be monitored and/or recorded
Use our 4-step guide to make a claim
Step 1 – if you’re unwell
Visit your GP as you usually would. If your GP then refers you for further assessment or treatment, please get a referral by either:
- Whilst with your GP use the MyHealthClaim app to search for a specialist. With your GP choose a specialist from this list within the app and ask your GP to write you a named referral letter to the chosen specialist including their specialism and sub-specialism, and the name of the hospital displayed in the results.
- Asking your GP for an open referral – a referral letter that lists the specialism and sub-specialism required, we’ll use our specialist finder database to select an appropriate specialist and/or hospital.
- Asking your GP for a named referral
- Then when you have your referral letter please call us to discuss the details of your claim and to check that the costs will be covered under your healthcare policy.
Download the app here.
Step 2 – Calling our Claims Team
Please call our Claims Team on 0800 068 5821
Before you make this call, please check that you have to hand:
- Your policy number, which is detailed on your policy documents
- Details of the symptoms and when they started
- What your GP has told you
- Information relating to your referral – either the name of the specialist on the letter and where they practise, or where it is an open referral; the required specialism and sub-specialism
- If we have a network for your condition or suspected condition, we will tell you where you can have your treatment.
Step 3 - Get a diagnosis, treatment or surgery
If your specialist arranges treatment for a diagnosed condition, please call and tell us:
- Where you'll be treated
- When you plan to have your treatment
- The procedure (CCSD) code from your specialist
Step 4 - We pay the bill
Most specialists send the bills directly to us, but if you get one at home, please ask them to send us a copy or you can send it to:
Bill Payment Team,
Aviva Health UK,
Questions about making a claim?
If you have any questions about making a claim our claims team will help you every step of the way. Or have a look at our FAQ's about claims page, which may have the information you're looking for.
What is a network?
We’re developing a number of networks of facilities, specialists or other practitioners that we recognise to provide the treatment required for a specific condition or suspected condition.
By creating networks, Aviva has more control over the treatment pathway. This means we can drive better commercial deals, which helps us maintain affordable prices. What’s more, by controlling the treatment pathway we can give our customers greater assurance when it comes to clinical quality and treatment, and ensure that more treatment can be covered before benefits limits are reached.
Our networks are updated frequently as we work to ensure we get the best possible service for our customers. We regularly add or evolve networks, or in the event that a facility/specialist is no longer suitable for a network we may remove them. Please contact our claims team before arranging any treatment.
Contact our claims team on 0800 158 3333. Our lines are open from 8am-8pm Monday to Friday and 8am-1pm on Saturdays.