With over 20 years of healthcare experience, we've helped thousands of our customers through making a claim. In most instances our team will assess your claim over the phone, leaving you free to focus on getting the care you need.
Our step by step guide below will help you prepare the information that we'll ask you for.
- Your claims team number: 0800 068 5821
- Monday to Friday
- 8.00am – 7.00pm
- 8.00am – 1.00pm
Calls to and from Aviva may be monitored and/or recorded
Use our 4-step guide to make a claim
Step 1 - If you're unwell
- See your GP
- If you're referred for tests or treatment, check to see if you're covered
Step 2 - Call our claims team
To start your claim we will ask you some questions, it helps us both if you have these things to hand when you call:
- Your personal details, including your policy number
- What your GP told you/advised
- Who you've been referred to and where they practice. If you have an open referral, tell us the type of specialist you need
Sometimes we may ask for more information from your GP, but we'll do our best to get this quickly.
Step 3 - Get a diagnosis, treatment or surgery
If your specialist arranges treatment for a diagnosed condition, please call and tell us:
- Where you'll be treated
- When you plan to have your treatment
- The procedure (CCSD) code from your specialist
Step 4 - We pay the bill
Most specialists send the bills directly to us, but if you get one at home, please ask them to send us a copy or you can send it to:
Bill Payment Team,
Aviva Health UK,
Questions about making a claim?
If you have any questions about making a claim our claims team will help you every step of the way. Or have a look at our FAQ's about claims page, which may have the information you're looking for.