My Health Cash Plan helps you spread the cost of your essential, everyday healthcare expenses. Just pay the bills and we’ll give you cash back, up to your yearly limit, to help you cover the costs. It’s simple to use, and you can find out how much the cover you want will cost on our how much does it cost? page.
How does My Health Cash Plan work?
We start by offering you a core level of cover, that can help pay towards a number of day-to-day healthcare bills. A qualifying period applies, which means that in most cases you won’t be able to claim for treatment received during the first month of your policy. Some treatments are subject to longer qualifying periods, so we encourage you to read the terms and conditions for full details. Benefit limits also apply to all the following:
- 100% of the costs for dental and optical bills up to £250 (children, up to £125)
- 80% of the costs for physiotherapy, osteopathy, homeopathy, acupuncture or chiropractic treatment up to £150 (children, up to £75)
- 80% of the costs for GPs’ prescriptions and charges up to £50 (children, up to £25)
- 80% of the costs for one health screen, up to £100 every two policy years (children, up to £50). We set a 12 month qualifying period for this benefit.
- A £200 baby bonus paid for each child you have or adopt after a 10 month qualifying period
Full details of this core level of cover, and any exclusions that apply, are included in our terms and conditions booklet, which you’ll find in the useful information box on this page.
Which options can I choose from?
We think it’s important to give you options to tailor your cash plan to your everyday healthcare needs. The options listed below give you increased or additional benefit limits for an additional premium. If you have chosen to cover your family on your policy, any extra cover you take will automatically benefit them too:
Option 1, Increased Reimbursement:
- Cover for 100% money back towards the benefits described in our core cover, instead of 80%, up to the benefit limits
Option 2, Hospital Extras:
- An in-patient cash benefit of £15 per night (£7.50 for children)
- A day-patient cash benefit of £15 per day (£7.50 for children)
- 80% reimbursement of the costs of X-rays and scans as a private patient
- 80% of the cost of a specialist’s second opinion, as a private patient
- A support cash benefit of £15 per night for you, if your child goes into hospital
The benefits in option 2 are covered up to a combined total of up to £250 per policy year (£125 for children).
Option 3, Health Enhance:
- 80% reimbursement of the costs for chiropody, podiatry, allergy testing or a dietician’s appointment, up to £200 combined total per policy year (up to £100 for children)
How could I reduce the cover and costs?
My Health Cash Plan offers two options to reduce your benefit limit and in turn reduce your premium. The options can’t be taken together or with any of the options to increase your cover.
Option 1, Reduced Reimbursement
- We’ll keep your dental and optical cover in place with 100% reimbursement of those costs covered, but we’ll reduce the level of reimbursement for all other core features to 60%, up to the limits shown.
Option 2, Dental and Optical only
- This option covers 100% of only your dental and optical bills, up to £250 (up to £125 for children). If you choose this option, we won’t reimburse costs for any of the other core cover features.
What’s not included on My Health Cash Plan?
My Health Cash Plan is designed to help you spread the cost of your essential, everyday healthcare expenses and so doesn’t cover hospital treatment. Qualifying periods apply to My Health Cash Plan, which simply means that in most cases you are not able to claim on your policy for the first month. The following treatments and conditions aren’t covered by My Health Cash Plan — for specific exclusions and qualifying periods we encourage you to read our terms and conditions:
- Any benefit for which we haven’t received a completed claim form and original receipts, where required
- Any charges for completing a claim form, or for proof of GP referral
- Any benefits for a claim that has already been paid under another cash plan or insurance policy of any kind
- Treatment or tests received outside the UK (other than provided under the dental cover)
- Treatment of an injury sustained while you’re training for or taking part in a sport for which you are paid or sponsored (unless you only receive travel costs)
- Treatment or tests required as a direct or indirect result of war (declared or not); military, paramilitary or terrorist activity (such as the effects of radiological, biological or chemical agents), or use, misuse, escape or the explosion of any gas or hazardous substance (such as explosives, radiological, biological or chemical agents).
- In-patient or day-patient cash benefit for admissions, if you received treatment for a pre-existing condition, for psycho, psycho-geriatric or mental illnesses of any kind, in relation to addictions or substance abuse, or relating to pregnancy or childbirth
- Therapies for a pre-existing condition
What are the extra benefits?
We encourage everyone to look after themselves as much as possible. While we’re helping you to cover the costs of day-to-day healthcare, we also give you these benefits with no extra charge (they’re included, whichever level of cover you choose):
- Gym discounts. As a My Health Cash Plan customer, you’ll get up to 25% off at selected UK gyms (not available for children).
- 24 hour GP helpline. It’s reassuring to know there’s a qualified medical professional you can speak to in complete confidence, day or night, 365 days a year. Ask questions about symptoms, find out about treatments, or get information about medicines, side-effects, or anything else that matters.
- Stress counselling helpline. Day-to-day costs are one thing, but the day-to-day pressures of life are another. Our 24 hour stress counselling helpline is completely confidential. You’ll be talking to a trained counsellor who can give advice on dealing with stress. Please note this benefit is available to members aged 16 and over.
What else do I need to know?
Full details of My Health Cash Plan core cover and exclusions are in our terms and conditions booklet, which you can download on this page as a PDF. We’ve also included our My Health Cash Plan brochure – and we encourage you to read both documents before giving us a call.
You’ll need to complete an application form for us to work out the final terms of your policy if we accept your application and, depending on your circumstances, non-standard terms may apply.
So, what’s next?
Unlike private health insurance, My Health Cash Plan doesn’t give you access to private hospital treatment if you’re ill or injured but it can help with the costs of things like GPs’ prescriptions or dentists’ fees. Putting My Health Cash Plan into place is as easy as one, two, three…
Step 1 – tell us what you’d like this cover to do
My Health Cash Plan is flexible. It starts with a core level of cover, and then you need to tell us whether you’d like to increase or decrease the cover depending on your needs.
- Get a quote and arrange My Health Cash Plan online. Get a quote now
Step 2 – tell us how you’d like to pay for the policy
You can pay for My Health Cash Plan online in monthly instalments or with one annual payment, by direct debit.
Step 3 – get cover and start enjoying the extra benefits of My Health Cash Plan
With My Health Cash Plan in place you’ll have peace of mind knowing that we’ll help you spread the cost of your essential, everyday healthcare expenses. We can also help you stay healthy with access to these benefits at no extra cost:
- Gym discounts of up to 25% with selected gyms
- 24 hour Stress Counselling helpline, available to members aged 16 and over
- Personal support, through our 24 hour stress counselling helpline
These benefits are non-contractual and can be withdrawn at any time without notice.