Over 50s life insurance Rated 5 Stars for quality of cover by Defaqto
- Guaranteed acceptance – if you’re aged 50 to 80 years inclusive, a UK resident and have not exceeded the premium limit.
- Premiums are guaranteed never to rise – you choose the monthly premium from between £7 and £50 per month or decide on the amount you’d like to leave behind, within our premium payment limits.
- No medical or health checks required – you can get cover that starts today.
- Multiple plans – as long as your monthly premium is not more than £100 in total for all your plans. Any plans issued before 25 January 2010 are not taken into account when applying this limit.
- Guaranteed cash lump sum paid out to your loved ones when you die.
- Our Defaqto 5 Star Rating shows you what independent experts think about our cover.
- The plan has no cash-in value. If you stop paying your premiums before the end of the payment term, your life cover will end 30 days after the last premium was due and you’ll get nothing back.
How does our plan work?
Unlike some other over 50s life insurance plans, our plan will pay out the full sum assured if you die after the plan has been in force for just 12 months. And, if you were to die as a result of an accident after the first 12 months, we’ll pay double the sum assured amount.
How much we’ll pay out and when
|If you die from:||We’ll pay:|
|An accident within the first year||The life insurance amount|
|An accident on, or after, the first anniversary||Double the life insurance amount|
|Other causes within the first year||An amount equal to the premiums you've paid|
|Other causes on, or after, the first anniversary||The life insurance amount|
You can read more about the benefits and risks of the plan in the Key Features (PDF 96KB). You can see our range of premiums as well as the cash values these will give you in our Premium rates table(PDF 146KB). Find a number of frequently asked questions answered in our Customer brochure.(PDF 1240KB)
Depending on your circumstances, the cash sum paid out could be less than the total amount you’ve paid in premiums and the value of the lump sum will be reduced by inflation. You’ll either pay for 30 years or until the plan anniversary after your 90th birthday, whichever comes first.
If you have any questions call our UK based team on 0800 056 2807.
Lines open: Monday to Friday 8am - 8pm, Saturday 9am - 5pm, Sunday 10am - 4pm.
Telephone calls may be recorded and/or monitored for our joint protection. Calls are free from a BT landline. Costs may vary from mobiles and other networks.
Choose a name you can trust
Aviva is the largest provider of life, pensions, and long-term financial services in the UK, and serves around 34 million customers worldwide.
When you choose a life insurance plan with Aviva, you can be sure that our expert staff will help you every step of the way. They’ll be able to answer your questions and help you to complete your application.
Complete an online quote form and Aviva will donate £1 to help vulnerable children in the UK
For every complete online quote submitted Aviva will donate £1 to Railway Children*, a charity we are supporting in the UK as part of our Street to School programme. Railway Children helps to get vulnerable children living on UK streets back into everyday life. For more information, visit www.aviva-street-to-school.co.uk
*Only one submission per customer. Aviva will donate £1 for every complete online quote submitted up to a maximum of £20,000. Railway Children is a registered charity. Registered charity no. 1058991