Keep checking the Foreign & Commonwealth Office advice. The unpredictability of current world events means that we have to live with terrorism and the threat of terrorism. It's a sad fact but barring only a handful of countries and regions, it's just that - a threat - and an unlikely one too. You must nevertheless ensure that you don't put yourself in any danger which could reasonably be predicted.
Here's our advice:
- DO check the Foreign & Commonwealth Office's 'Know Before You Go' web site.
- You can find all the latest security advice, recommendations and travel insurance information for the destination you want to visit.
- Aviva is a partner in the Know Before You Go campaign and we're helping make sure you have all the information you need to make the right decisions when picking your holiday.
- DO ensure you take out a good travel insurance policy that meets your needs and covers terrorism.
- DO check any exclusions which apply to your travel insurance policy.
- DO make sure the policy is right for you.
- DO keep the policy details and the emergency helpline number with you.
- DO find out the details of the British Consular Office that serves your destination and keep the number easily to hand.
Remember, if you have any questions, check with your travel insurance company before you leave.